1.0 TSI 110 SEL on order

37 minutes ago, Scottk said:

This is an SEL but only electric front windows!!

OK, on our SE L all 4 windows are electric.

4 hours ago, moley said:

On the Wife's SE L the drivers window is one touch, but the other three are not.

Just to rub it in ,my 2011 fabia has 4 electric windows and all are one touch up and down!

If you have rear electric windows, then the driver's window gets one-touch.

Re Google Maps and streaming- this is an Android Auto 'issue'. But I don't really see how there can be a problem- just use one of the many Android Auto compatible music apps! Spotify and Amazon Music both work well, and of course so does Google Play Music. I use Spotify and Pocket Casts, they both work great.

Switching radio stations can be done through the left and right arrows on the left side of the MFSW, they cycle through your pre-sets. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 19:00, moley said:

Collect car tomorrow :) . After seeing the current £500 petrol deal I contacted the dealer to see if there was any chance that I would be considered for this. Was pleasantly surprised when after a couple of days they said yes.

Had a quick look at the car when I went in for paperwork yesterday and looked great. Looking forward to driving it at the weekend.

12 hours ago, GrahamStu said:

After seeing the current £500 petrol deal I contacted the dealer to see if there was any chance that I would be considered for this. Was pleasantly surprised when after a couple of days they said yes.

Nicely done! When did you originally order your car? I might try and pull the same tactic...

Enjoy the weekend of driving - I'd be very interested to hear your first thoughts. 

7 hours ago, sparckzero said:

Nicely done! When did you originally order your car? I might try and pull the same tactic...

Enjoy the weekend of driving - I'd be very interested to hear your first thoughts. 

Ordered at the beginning of May. Registered the fuel voucher today, so will hopefully not have any issues. 

Weather is appalling today, so only driven back from dealer (the long route), but think I will take it out for another spin now.  Not the best picture, due to rain.

20170729_141820.thumb.jpg.81f604fd0774808f5e0f515b71b30107.jpg

• Like 1

I just spoke to my dealer and sadly he wasn't willing to include me in the offer. Seems like you got lucky! :) Mine should be being built this week, so fingers crossed that I'll have it soon.

Did you do much more driving over the weekend? How have you found it so far?

5 hours ago, sparckzero said:

I just spoke to my dealer and sadly he wasn't willing to include me in the offer. Seems like you got lucky! :) Mine should be being built this week, so fingers crossed that I'll have it soon.

Did you do much more driving over the weekend? How have you found it so far?

I did about 100, mostly getting used to the car. Another 60 today for work, which included motorway. A few things that others have mentioned are frustrating, like the one touch window (if having the rear electric windows solves this I probably would have selected as an option) and non electric folding mirrors.

That said, these are minor and I am really enjoying the car, probably going from an 10 old Honda Jazz which is not ideal for the motorway to the Fabia which has a lot more go emphasises this more! No need to borrow the wife's car anymore, when I do longer journeys. Both motorway and minor roads are great to drive on and it certainly has enough power for me. I have found myself in 2nd gear and the car suggesting I should be in 4th (same for 3rd and 5th as well) a number of times. Surprised at the car suggestions for gears, as I am sure it suggests 6th gear when not much over 40 mph?

Loving the screen, with the information and had no trouble playing music and podcasts and flicking through the options on the display from the steering wheel. Not used the cruise control or limiter yet, as never had these before, so not doing that in rush hour!

Think mine took about 4 weeks to arrive after being built, so hopefully yours will be quicker, but worth bearing this in mind.

Thanks for the info - all sounds very positive! The lack of one-touch windows does sound irritating though...

13 hours ago, GrahamStu said:

Think mine took about 4 weeks to arrive after being built, so hopefully yours will be quicker, but worth bearing this in mind.

Good to know. The dealer said yesterday that we're looking at late August / early September for the handover, so that sounds about right.