Mohawk Tyres

Hi,

I was looking at buying two Mohawk M105 tyres (205*45*17) for the front of my Fabia MC - apparently they are owned by Yokohama.

Anyone got experience of using Mohawk please?

Best wishes,

John

13 minutes ago, john2017 said:

any sensible and useful comments?

Sensible comment : do you honestly think a cheap tyre that costs about £30 will stop you in an emergency quicker than say... a £60 tyre? 

Useful comment : don't buy them.

id imagine with them being a cheap budget tyre they wouldn't do well on a motorway in wet for example. 

seems like there is too many negatives to positives on this job, move on.

Edited by LGM
  • Like 1

£30 not sure where you got that price from - for 205 x 40 x 17 they are over £60 and are owned by Yokohama.

If you don't have experience of Mohawk please don't comment!

M105's yes?

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s13p126639/Mohawk_Tyres_Car_Mohawk_M105_Mohawk_M_105_-_205_40_R17_84Y_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_3_Noise%3A_73dB

i do have experience of them as I bought some when I had a mk1 fabia 1.4mpi because my car was a skip on wheels (I was 18 and couldn't care less). 

Now I've been driving my mk2 fabia vRS for over 3 years and won't go any lower than £70 a tyre, currently running pilot sport 3's.

edited

youve asked for advice so that's all we are here to do, 100% friendly here :) 

personally I'd spend the extra £30 on a tyre for your own safety, you ain't driving a bag of $#|t  remember, the only thing stopping you from hitting something or someone is them brakes, if them brakes work and your tyres don't you simply ain't stopping :) .

if you plan on spending £60 a tyre can I suggest

Hankook V12's

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/hankook-ventus-v12-evo2-k120-205-40-r17-84-w-xl-mfs-zr#145261795 they have good reviews at the minute.

or the cheaper option is Avon zz5's. A few people on here reviewed them and seem to do the job http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/avon-zz5-205-40-r17-84-w-xl#1441121

both rated A in the wet too.

Edited by LGM

I was looking at the m112 is £60+ I assume you didn't like them - I would like to keep this conversation friendly and to the point!

Not being a brand snob and having a shed full of various 'Premium / Big Brand / Major Manufacturers tyres and wheels to fit a Fabia, mostly odd numbers of them as i have many wrecked tyres and take offs from others cars, 

so i like strong reliable and safe tyres on a Mk2 Fabia vRS with stage 2. 

If needing tyres for fast dry / high speed roads i will buy what works, and have them, i want safe in the wet and that will not blow out on bad roads and will behave in the wet and have them on currently.

£50 can get these fitted at ATS Euro Master in a 205/45 R 17 like the Goodride i have on currently, 

Goodride SA 37 Sport 88W XL  REVIEWS OF THEM SEEM TO IN NO WAY RESEMBLE HOW THEY BEHAVE IN THE WET.

(I have used Goodride SV 308 in 215/40 R 17 in the past, M+S Marked.)

or TIGER Syneris tyres previously used and abused. (Michelin own the TIGAR factory by the way, but that means not much. As it is they are what they are TIGAR Tyres.)

Inexpensive and Cheap Tyres are not a definition of 'Rubbish Tyres', plenty more expensive big brand ECO tyres are 'Ditch Finders'.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...