Different.

Mrr4nd411

• 1 year later...

I also bought new wheels, rotiforms are so common but I have wanted TMBs for as long as they have been out and I’ve never seen a set on a Skoda Rapid so that makes me feel a little better, specs are:

front: 18x8.5j 205/35/18

rear: 18x9.5j 205/35/18

I’ve since realised that I need a skinnier tyre on the front, but I’m going to let them wear out first ;)

BEC979C7-046B-493C-BD5D-EF01E474C962.jpeg

• Like 2

Since then I have had a chassis notch done, this is where the chassis rail has a hole cut into it to stop the drive shaft hitting it when the car is air’ed out, and I have fitted a maxton designs splitter, oh and a cone filter. I still have big plans for this car, it’s going to be completely  outrageous, hopefully things will start happening soon 

7616B4AE-C3C7-45AB-9224-B1721D686643.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So I’ve been slowly slowly changing things, it looks pretty much the same as it has done however it has new front suspension, adjustable camber top mounts, all red rear lights and my proudest modification: my custom headlights made by myself

BB003747-D450-40DE-B1CE-FA1FDEB5D8F2.jpeg

EAC74C07-FBBF-41B4-9FE1-3601C59E66EC.jpeg

5CC3EFBE-3A71-48A4-A359-174DF6076F01.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WolfyWesty said:

How easy was it to fit the Maxton Splitter? Is a simple fit-and-screw job into existing holes or do you have to make any modifications?

Dead easy mate, they supply some bolts to secure it but just ignore those, just use masking tape to hold it in place and drill some self tapping screws (I used wood screws with washers) though in various places, I think I have 9 screws holding it on, I’ve bashed it off the floor so many times and the screws are still holding strong

31 minutes ago, Mrr4nd411 said:

Dead easy mate, they supply some bolts to secure it but just ignore those, just use masking tape to hold it in place and drill some self tapping screws (I used wood screws with washers) though in various places, I think I have 9 screws holding it on, I’ve bashed it off the floor so many times and the screws are still holding strong

Cheers for the reply. Does you just screw into the white  flat underside or do you screw it into the black plastic tray (or both)?

Mine are all into the white part of the bumper, the splitter will cover 4 screws that hold the under tray on so the easiest way to do it is just to jack the front of the car up and fit it without removing the bumper @WolfyWesty

Edited by Mrr4nd411
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So a bit another quick update and some more info:

last week the car went into profusion customs for a cat back exhaust and the guys there did an amazing job! The sound is exactly what I wanted, I nice noise under full throttle with a few little crackles and pops but almost silent when cruising, then this morning remap kings came out to do a stage 1 remap which makes the exhaust sound even better, the diffuser and arches are also painted gloss black now, this car is really starting to come together!

arches : eBay universal fender flares 70mm

wheels: cromodora bully 17” built to 10.5j front and 11.5j rear (unknown et)

the diffuser is from CSR 

i still have more more in the box of goodies in the garage ready to go on (more bodywork) 

watch this space

3FEA9C1A-9A53-47C7-8D52-316493C9C45A.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...