Van hits pedestrians on London Bridge

No more politics from in this thread, I shouldn't have bitten to Lee's comments to make it political and I've been disrespectful in doing so. 

I'm glad to see further arrests have been made and hopefully more to come, with successful prosecutions to take these people who wish to harm the public out of our society. 

Edited by CWARD

13 minutes ago, CWARD said:

No more politics from in this thread, I shouldn't have bitten to Lee's comments to make it political and I've been disrespectful in doing so. 

I'm glad to see further arrests have been made and hopefully more to come, with successful prosecutions to take these people who wish to harm the public out of our society. 

How we deal with terrorism is wholly and entirely politically  and ideologically based. 

While I would agree that we need more police officers and not less even if there were double the number of police on the streets I doubt it would have prevented the terrorist attacks attacks that have taken place recently.

Corbyn likes to make political gains from these attacks, but when it comes to defending the country I think he would be weak, in fact I wouldn't trust him to find a seat on a train.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, moley said:

While I would agree that we need more police officers and not less even if there were double the number of police on the streets I doubt it would have prevented the terrorist attacks attacks that have taken place recently.

Corbyn likes to make political gains from these attacks, but when it comes to defending the country I think he would be weak, in fact I wouldn't trust him to find a seat on a train.

Well the flip side of that is that May hasn't managed to do anything about it in 7 years. 

• Like 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Rudd 

One that needs moved to a job where she might be of some use after Thursday if she gets re-elected as a MP.

Some PR job maybe, Treasury or the likes.  Looking serious while saying not very much.

http://thecanary.co/2017/06/01/amber-rudd-knows-magic-money-tree-tax-haven-bahamas-video 

"Judge us on our record."  Same old record, Theresa May, Amber Rudd, not fit for purpose, spin and bluster and incompetence.

Edited by Awayoffski

2 hours ago, Lee01 said:

Well, that may put an end to that discussion..............

Only means the wind has changed again. 

• Like 1

Having listened to Lord Alex Carlile today talking total sense i thought i should research him.  Google Wiki.

Never paid him much attention before thinking he was just a snouter.  My bad!

So 2010 he was warning the UK was a Terrorist Haven or would become one. 

2017 he leaves the Lib Dems (even though he was once the Lib Dem Leader in Wales),

because of the nonsense they argue about liberalism.   Happy for the UK to be a haven for terrorists or something....

Are they lining Michael Gove up for the Home Secretary position if he gets re-elected.

That is all the UK needs, a total prat / Rupert Murdoch Employee Journalist in charge of the UK's security.

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

As I've said, May let known Jihadists, including the Manchester bomber, in and out and did nothing.

Much easier said than done being able to prove they had traveled out to Syria and Iraq, let alone evidence they had murdered others whilst there rather than providing aid. Even if you managed to get a conviction it would then go to the ECHR where they could argue how their human rights have been violated, even if they had violated others in the most barbaric manner. 

One of the known Jihadist, Jihadi John, to be killed out there it was argued that he should have been captured, risking the lives of our troops and allowing the continued murder of others until such an operation could be mounted. 

If you have the answer as to how this can be done legally, all the political parties really need to know. 

Abu Qatada was a known terrorist and a pain in the arse since his arrival in the U.K. in 2002 to both the Labour then the Conservative governments. Huge amount of time and resources consumed on one man and you want to repeat this multipled by 100's. 

Edited by CWARD
  • Like 2

On 04/06/2017 at 22:04, CWARD said:

Completely agree with your comments but JC is the wrong person to stand up to such a threat. In your job I certainly wouldn't want anyone as incompetent as Diane Abbott making any kind of decision for the police. You may notice she has been strangely quite as shadow Home Secretary.  

I spoke too soon another disaster unravels on Sky news. Maybe Diane Abbott has a medical condition where she has the memory of a goldfish. I'm sure it won't effect her ability as Home Secretary.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CWARD said:

I spoke too soon another disaster unravels on Sky news. Maybe Diane Abbott has a medical condition where she has the memory of a goldfish. I'm sure it won't effect her ability as Home Secretary.  

I think this falls into the category 'if she had a brain she would be dangerous'

Blunkett and Straw referred to people who questioned these organisations such as Tablighi Jamaat and their links to Dewsbury Mosque as racists, despite the 7/7 bombers attending there. Seems those people were right all along and this funding could have been stopped decades ago. 

Edited by CWARD

Theresa May needs to get on with releasing the report on the funding of jihadists.

But then that is not going to happen before Thursday and then it makes no difference to how much of the UK economy is dependent on British Companies & the Government supplying support to Oil Rich Countries, Governments & Royal Families that fund and support terrorists.

http://makewarshistory.co.uk/?p=3681 

The UK will train, support, provide advisers & private providers to and information & arms to anyone paying enough.

Theresa May urged not to suppress report into funding of jihadi groups _ Politics _ The Guardian.mhtml

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gadgetman said:

Seeing a lot of EDL, Britain First etc posts wanting extremists locked up and deported. 

Clearly the irony is lost on some 

Monied vested interest having created the equivalent of Afghanistans' Mujar Hadeen, what other options are there - even if its just  repeated short-term detention to disrupt the plans of local cells, So the "Threat level graph" is turned into a saw-tooth pattern rather than a straight line "Always critical". You're more likely to catch and prevent if the security state is varying periodically than when its always the same.

N