Delivery Timescales

3 minutes ago, Gobsheene said:

Same here this morning, White Manual Combi 245. Was quoted 16 weeks and was told that was probably going to be closest to reality. 

I'd quite like mine on an 18 plate, it'll have to be 20 weeks to make that close to happening

12 hours ago, YMe said:

Now at Status 40 only 2 statuses (stati??) to go!

My Race Blue now at status 20 , just confirmed , after placing order  20 september , hoping all goes well and get it before the Christmas break .

• Like 1

Whilst I have time on my hands laying in a hospital bed with only the occasional sadistic nurse (woke me up 3 times last night!!) to pass the time of day with I have of course been thinking about my new car. Can anyone repost the stages (status 20 etc) as to where the car is in manufacturing? My wife had a call from our dealer yesterday to say rather than week 46 build we are now at week 44 so getting very close now! For all who have recently taken delivery of your new cars I hope you are enjoying and for those who are still waiting I hope you don't have to wait too long...

14 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Whilst I have time on my hands laying in a hospital bed with only the occasional sadistic nurse (woke me up 3 times last night!!) to pass the time of day with I have of course been thinking about my new car. Can anyone repost the stages (status 20 etc) as to where the car is in manufacturing? My wife had a call from our dealer yesterday to say rather than week 46 build we are now at week 44 so getting very close now! For all who have recently taken delivery of your new cars I hope you are enjoying and for those who are still waiting I hope you don't have to wait too long...

I work for an Audi dealer and from build week it's usually 4 weeks to get them into the UK. Although I have had an S5 last year that was with me 1 week after build and a Q7 that took 7 weeks to get here.

00 - Welcome
10 - Order Received, tentative production date
20 - Preperation, production week and build configuration locked (barring any problems), 
21 - Panel Shop
22 - Paint Shop
23 - Assembly
24 - Quality Control
30 - Car built / On its way from the factory for Emden
38 - At Emden port
39 - On the boat to the UK.
40 - At the port waiting for transport to the dealer
60 - Left UK port on the way to the dealer
70 - Arrived at dealer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roo said:

00 - Welcome
10 - Order Received, tentative production date
20 - Preperation, production week and build configuration locked (barring any problems), 
21 - Panel Shop
22 - Paint Shop
23 - Assembly
24 - Quality Control
30 - Car built / On its way from the factory for Emden
38 - At Emden port
39 - On the boat to the UK.
40 - At the port waiting for transport to the dealer
60 - Left UK port on the way to the dealer
70 - Arrived at dealer. 

That's what I was looking for, thanks roo much appreciated.

49 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Whilst I have time on my hands laying in a hospital bed with only the occasional sadistic nurse (woke me up 3 times last night!!)

Been there, done that!  I do hope you are improving and will be out soon!

50 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

For all who have recently taken delivery of your new cars I hope you are enjoying and for those who are still waiting I hope you don't have to wait too long...

Got mine and loving it!  Sounds like yours will be built and with you soon.  Some good news to cheer you up whilst stuck in a hospital bed :).

• Like 1

On 07/10/2017 at 21:30, roo said:

Here is a list of all the order states. (lovingly stolen from the vw audi forum)

00 - Welcome
10 - Order Received
20 - Preperation
21 - Panel Shop
22 - Paint Shop
23 - Assembly
24 - Quality Control
30 - left the factory for Emden
38 - At Emden
39 - On the boat
40 - Ready for Transport to the dealer
60 - Left UK Port on the way to the dealer
70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your 

Edited by YMe

9 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Been there, done that!  I do hope you are improving and will be out soon!

Got mine and loving it!  Sounds like yours will be built and with you soon.  Some good news to cheer you up whilst stuck in a hospital bed :).

Thanks for the kind words Peter, I have a very big incentive to get up and about as I can't let the better half have all the enjoyment of the first drive! :sweat:

• Like 1

Hi all, 

First post here after placing an order for a race blue Octavia vRS for my wife on 14th October. Contacted Skoda UK today and they said it currently has an unconfirmed build date of week 1? Does this seem right? I'm not too surprised, but from what has been said on here over the past few days i'd have thought that was a delivery date... 

Not too concerned as it takes as long as it takes and can't really speed it up, but it was a semi 'emergency' purchase as our other car is on its last legs so we need to hope it survives til the Octavia arrives!

Better post in the 'hello' section now!

11 minutes ago, Robbijay said:

Hi all, 

First post here after placing an order for a race blue Octavia vRS for my wife on 14th October. Contacted Skoda UK today and they said it currently has an unconfirmed build date of week 1? Does this seem right? I'm not too surprised, but from what has been said on here over the past few days i'd have thought that was a delivery date... 

Not too concerned as it takes as long as it takes and can't really speed it up, but it was a semi 'emergency' purchase as our other car is on its last legs so we need to hope it survives til the Octavia arrives!

Better post in the 'hello' section now!

I'd be happy,  that seems about right.

Yeah, think you'r right. Though my GT86 was new, it was already built so I only had to wait 2 weeks for it. This ordering and then waiting game is all new to me. I guess its so far away I may as well forget about it. its like being excited about Christmas in February.....

Well we bit the bullet today and put in an order for a 1.0 TSi SE Estate in quartz grey (unfortunately I had to put my preference for race blue aside in the quest for a quiet life :crying: ). Was told to expect it in 12-13 weeks provisionally so that's the middle to end of January. Not sure I can wait that long - I want my new toy NOW!

42 minutes ago, Mr Statto said:

unfortunately I had to put my preference for race blue aside in the quest for a quiet life :crying:

Nightmare :o.  You can still put your foot down and change the colour up until 2 weeks before.....:thumbup:

I've just got back from picking up my vRS. Not had much time to drive it properly, but first impressions are good (had a little play with sport mode at a set of traffic lights at a dual carriageway though :biggrin:)

received_10154776015566854.jpeg

received_10154776016481854.jpeg

IMAG0879.jpg

Edited by MrTaylor
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrTaylor said:

I've just got back from picking up my vRS. Not had much time to drive it properly, but first impressions are good (had a little play with sport mode at a set of traffic lights at a dual carriageway though :biggrin:)

received_10154776015566854.jpeg

received_10154776016481854.jpeg

IMAG0879.jpg

Looks fantastic, enjoy!