Delivery Timescales

2 hours ago, terryat said:

Off to pick up 1.5 Estate now. Built Dec 12th approx so dealer's 5 weeks from then was right. 5 months since I ordered. 

5 months is a long wait. Hopefully it's worthwhile and forgotten once you've in the car. :thumbup:

My collection may now well be delayed due to Zenith Insurances' incompetence.

I tried to arrange a change of vehicle via Lloyds Bank insurance who arranged the insurance with Zenith and was told that they cannot change the insurance without scrapping the existing policy and all of the extras that I paid £399 for last June.

This is because some A-hole backed into my car and scarpered leaving me to foot a £350 excess and now Zenith won't allow an update of the insurance as they say there's an existing "open claim" even though I've paid the excess & settled it.

So I was given the option by Lloyds of paying a whopping £696 for a new policy for the new vehicle or cancelling the policy and I wouldn't be getting a refund out of it either. So I've told Lloyds to cancel the insurance (that's the polite term!) and I won't be returning to them ever again, they have been good in that they didn't penalise me any of my NCD, but that still means by rights they owe me between £150-£200 for the remaining 6 months of insurance.:swear:

I've now had to take out another insurance policy at £406 which gives me protected NCD, large hire car, legal etc with Privilege to be able to get the car next week, but I'm not entirely sure that all of the documents will arrive in time... :crying: :sweat:

The moral of this is: DO NOT USE ZENITH INSURANCE!!

Edited by TheWanderer

10 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I've now had to take out another insurance policy at £406 which gives me protected NCD, large hire car, legal etc with Privilege to be able to get the car next week, but I'm not entirely sure that all of the documents will arrive in time... :crying: :sweat:

The moral of this is: DO NOT USE ZENITH INSURANCE!!

Can you access your new documents online? Or use the foc dealer/Skoda 7 (?) day cover?

When I  got quotes prior to getting my car in September, I had one that didn't look too bad, £480, only slightly more than my Mondeo 2 years ago, except that was for a MONTH!!!

I'm with Aviva, wife as named driver, two thefts (one a total loss) and wifey with 2 fault and 2 no-fault claims all for £450 

Unfortunately not as far as I know, so I'm hoping that the RM will be quick enough to get them to me before Wednesday or Thursday next week, then there's the problem of getting the documents to the garage, although there is an unusual solution for that. 

They can pick them up from a station that I'll be calling at (I'm a train driver) so I can just get the salesman to come to the station at a certain time and I'll hand them over to him. :happy:

I've been insured with Privilege before and could access all of my documents online via their online portal and then print them off. I would hope that you could do the same

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

I'm not entirely sure that all of the documents will arrive in time... :crying: :sweat:

I’ve never had to show insurance documents when picking a car up? If you’ve bought the insurance it should be valid from whatever you set the start date as. Who’s your new insurer? Isn’t it possible to access them online?

Every insurer is fine until you have to make a claim, right? Interestingly I had almost a reverse situation - had Zenith at some point in the last couple of years with no issues (but no claims!) just changing a vehicle and address within the same 12 months, and some years back I was with Privilege who weren't great when I had a non-fault claim. They weren't awful but they weren't great either. I think any insurer is a huge gamble, you just never know, but this is getting OT...

Like I said before, however you bought the insurance you will have chosen a start date and it's valid from then, regardless of whether you've received any documentation. Good luck with the pick up, I've still got 11 weeks until my alleged delivery date (for my much less exciting car!)

• Thanks 1

My biggest challenge was getting it insured online, my insurer general accident which is aviva online allow you to make changes to policy yourself but no humans to talk to after initial 28 days of inception. I was changing cars in an existing policy. So new car where the reg doesn't resolve caused me issues initially before I worked around it and found a way to force it to take the plate and I manually set the car make and model.

Edited by Scotty72

That was another issue, I had in the end to ring them up and finalise the quote as my new registration number isn't in the system yet... 

So if you see a graying Walter White character hooning it around in Surrey and Hampshire with a VR54 plate it's probably me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

That was another issue, I had in the end to ring them up and finalise the quote as my new registration number isn't in the system yet... 

So if you see a graying Walter White character hooning it around in Surrey and Hampshire with a VR54 plate it's probably me. 

Ironically mine kicked in on the dvla site in the day i had the car delivered so all was legal and above board. Also active on adkmid for the delivery day too.

Final up date...original ordered Octavia, ordered wk 32 , delivered to the dealer wk 3 = 23wks...1.5 TSI SEL...Energy Blue..rear camera..winter pack..spare wheel...Iam sure there would be a good deal offered ! Well pleased with the "up grade" Octavia that replaced the originally ordered Octavia !