Delivery Timescales

Hi All

A new guy here.  Thought I would share some info from the dealers on delays with petrol orders.

Apparently Skoda are experiencing a big shift from diesel to petrol and are struggling to fulfill orders for petrol cars.  I have an Octavia vRS petrol on order.  Order placed at the end of week 18 (May 5th).  Original quoted build week 32, which is 14 weeks from order to build, then additional time obviously for the car to get to the UK etc.  I've just been told that the build week has now moved to week 37, i.e. 19 weeks from order date with expected collection available from around the first or second week in October!!

I've put a complaint into Skoda UK and am waiting for a response.  The annoying thing is that I could easily have placed my order sooner if there was any info out there detailing these delays.  I'm not a happy bunny!  Perhaps this info will be of assistance to others on the forum.

Peter.

• Like 1

Let us know if you get a reply from Skoda UK. I've posted this in another thread, but I'm in a similar situation as yours. vRS ordered on May 8th and build date estimated to week 39, which is end of September and 20 weeks from order date. The dealer originally estimated 12 weeks as well, but even though a month has passed the estimate has not changed yet to any better one. I'm being told they have no control over the factory (which seems a valid reply, to be honest), but my dealer is surprised by this delay as well. The reason you mention is not something we considered.

I, too, could've ordered sooner. May the patience be with you, Peter!

Mateusz

Thanks for your reply, Mateusz.  Very interesting!  Apparently the issues are even worse with the 1.4 petrol engines so perhaps I should be looking on the bright side :-)

As soon as I get something back from Skoda UK I will post it here.

Thanks!

Peter.

My cancelled vRS TSI DSG will be with Botley Skoda in the next couple of weeks if anyone wants it.

Magic black

Black pack

Spare wheel

Crew Protection

DCC

Towbar

No bloody folding wing mirrors though

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Thanks for the idea, it's appreciated.  My heart is set on the blue and, especially, the sunroof.  The last car I had with one was my Sapphire Cosworth in 1988, a car I had for 20 mins before my first speeding ticket and had a totting ban from within 2 months!  Happy days!  Why did you cancel?

Edited by peterhardy
spelling mistake

I'm probably going to order this week.  Having held off for a Sept delivery I fear I may now be looking at Nov! Will let you know what happens. 

I think there is a VW wide shortage of the 1.4 TSi engine, I read about Ibiza's and Leon's being on order for months also. Maybe as the engine is being replaced by the 1.5 soon, they wont spend to increase production?

Also get your dealers to look at what is in pipeline or at the port. If you flex a bit in your spec, you'll be surprised how quickly you can have a car.

• Like 1

Ahh... I head from my dealership today that our buildweek, although not confirmed yet, will be week 26. 4 weeks for delivery, PDI etc. puts it at 13 weeks from order. No mention of the issues with the 1.4 TSI. I Hope it doesn't slip, we're putting off booking a holiday- the original plan was a camping trip to France, but the 12-14 week lead time put pay to that idea! 

Cheers,

Jamie

Hi Jamie.

I was told week 32 but when the dealer checked when I was there last friday it had slipped to week 37.  Obviously mine's the 2.0 petrol so perhaps the tale I was told about 1.4's being worse was incorrect.  Fingers crossed for you.

Cheers Pete. The anoying thing is my current car has the MoT due the middle of this month! I didn't think it'd take so long to wait for a car to be built in Europe and shipped when we started looking. Hey ho, the joys of car buying, I hope your build date comes forward. 

Cheers,

Jamie

22 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

My cancelled vRS TSI DSG will be with Botley Skoda in the next couple of weeks if anyone wants it.

Magic black

Black pack

Spare wheel

Crew Protection

DCC

Towbar

No bloody folding wing mirrors though

Why did you cancel, out of interest?

Folding wing mirrors were removed from standard spec by MY18 changes when my build was locked & therefore, no optional extras could be added.

Small beer I know but, even my 9 year old daughter said "you only need look at the wing mirrors to know the car is locked" if you don't look back at your car when you walk away, you've brought the wrong car.

Hence, I cancelled but, reordered the 245 instead well, would have been Fn rude not too

27 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Folding wing mirrors were removed from standard spec by MY18 changes when my build was locked & therefore, no optional extras could be added.

Small beer I know but, even my 9 year old daughter said "you only need look at the wing mirrors to know the car is locked" if you don't look back at your car when you walk away, you've brought the wrong car.

Hence, I cancelled but, reordered the 245 instead well, would have been Fn rude not too

Nah, I reckon you're a closet hypermiler and fold the mirrors in for better mpg :dry:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, juan27 said:

I'm probably going to order this week.  Having held off for a Sept delivery I fear I may now be looking at Nov! Will let you know what happens. 

i've had an estimate of 16-18 weeks to delivery.  

I've just had a chat with a lady from Skoda Customer Services.  She tells me that:

1. The official 'normal' time for my car from order to build week is 14 weeks.

2. The factory shuts down for THREE weeks during the summer.

3. This makes an order to build week wait of 17 weeks correct in their eyes.

Obviously there's then the 2 to 3 weeks for the car to get to the dealer in the UK and prepped for collection which means 20 weeks from order to collection.

Apparently my car is now due to be build in week 35 which by pure chance exactly fits the timescales she quoted :-)

The options added to my car from standard are:

Black Pack

Black Fog Surrounds

Sunroof

Cheers all!

Peter.

The point I made to her was that I would happily have placed my order earlier if I had known this.  It certainly didn't occur to me that production could or would be shut down for three weeks when the demand for cars is there!

I thought that ordering on 5th May was well in time for a 1st Sept delivery, after all, that's almost four months.  That was my mistake!

18 hours ago, peterhardy said:

The point I made to her was that I would happily have placed my order earlier if I had known this.  It certainly didn't occur to me that production could or would be shut down for three weeks when the demand for cars is there!

I thought that ordering on 5th May was well in time for a 1st Sept delivery, after all, that's almost four months.  That was my mistake!

Pretty normal, that's when they do the maintenance/upgrade of the production equipment.

8 hours ago, glosrich said:

Pretty normal, that's when they do the maintenance/upgrade of the production equipment.

And often when they change over model year on the VIN.

Placed my order May 5th Octavia Vrs TSI DSG at Skoda Botley Southampton.

Candy White

Black Pack Plus

Keyless

Canton Sound System

Sunshine Roof

Heated Front Seats

Electric Folding Mirrors

Adaptive Headlights. 

Yippee:-  Skoda Customer Services contacted me this morning to confirm build week 25.  2 weeks on Monday.