Delivery Timescales

My, that is fast!  It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  We both ordered on the same day, you have more options yet mine's build week 35.

Great news for you though!  I must just be unlucky!

1 hour ago, longmynd said:

Try contacting Skoda customer services and ask for an update. My dealers quoted week 33. you might have a pleasant surprise!!

Already done that (I think detailed in post 18).  Perhaps I will get a call too.  Fingers crossed!

I've sent a written letter of complaint to customer service here in Poland as well, quoting the original estimates and the current planned build week with the exact factory order number. I wonder if they will even reply, but hey, it's worth a try. My build week has been changed from W39 to W38 last Friday. Not a big thing, but maybe a sign of something better coming. :-)

I had an update from my dealer yesterday, build week confirmed for week 26, order was placed week 16. So looking like 14 weeks to delivery, as quoted. 

As it happens I saw a race blue, non-vRS FL estate in a car park in Cambridge at the weekend, just like wot we getting- I'm pleased to say it looked great- only another 6 weeks to wait for ours...

Cheers,

Jamie

59 minutes ago, Mati said:

I've sent a written letter of complaint to customer service here in Poland as well, quoting the original estimates and the current planned build week with the exact factory order number. I wonder if they will even reply, but hey, it's worth a try. My build week has been changed from W39 to W38 last Friday. Not a big thing, but maybe a sign of something better coming. :-)

Fingers crossed for you, Mati!

54 minutes ago, JamieA said:

I had an update from my dealer yesterday, build week confirmed for week 26, order was placed week 16. So looking like 14 weeks to delivery, as quoted. 

As it happens I saw a race blue, non-vRS FL estate in a car park in Cambridge at the weekend, just like wot we getting- I'm pleased to say it looked great- only another 6 weeks to wait for ours...

Cheers,

Jamie

That's great news, Jamie!  Let's hope your existing car goes through the MOT ok.  Yeah, race blue all the way for me too!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered mine last week, 19/6/17, have been told provisional build week of 37, which I believe would be 10 weeks time... So delivery around 3 weeks later takes it to mid October. 

1 hour ago, djkarlos said:

I ordered mine last week, 19/6/17, have been told provisional build week of 37, which I believe would be 10 weeks time... So delivery around 3 weeks later takes it to mid October. 

Did you get that date on ordering or was it as a result of feedback from Skoda? I ask because I ordered on the 10th and have heard nothing since an initial 16 week estimate.

I've just come back from a week's holiday and gone through all of my emails.  I hoped I might have an update on my delivery with a shortened wait time....

Nope, no email, so no progress. Bugger!

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Did you get that date on ordering or was it as a result of feedback from Skoda? I ask because I ordered on the 10th and have heard nothing since an initial 16 week estimate.

I heard today from my dealer. I had emailed them asking for a fresh copy of the order information as there'd been a change to the quote. I also asked about build week and told me week 37. The rest is my assumption. I suggest you contact your sales rep for an update. 

12 hours ago, djkarlos said:

I heard today from my dealer. I had emailed them asking for a fresh copy of the order information as there'd been a change to the quote. I also asked about build week and told me week 37. The rest is my assumption. I suggest you contact your sales rep for an update. 

I bought my present Octy new from the same dealer seven years ago and I didn't really get a solid build week for about four weeks. 

I've just received a written letter from the customer service centre in which they didn't answer any of my questions. Just a generic message that build times may vary and that they do their best to deliver as soon as possible, but amount of orders is huge and there is nothing they can do. Meanwhile my build week changed from 39 to 38, and now to 37, which means 18 weeks from order date to build date. This one will teach me patience, no doubt. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mati said:

I've just received a written letter from the customer service centre in which they didn't answer any of my questions. Just a generic message that build times may vary and that they do their best to deliver as soon as possible, but amount of orders is huge and there is nothing they can do. Meanwhile my build week changed from 39 to 38, and now to 37, which means 18 weeks from order date to build date. This one will teach me patience, no doubt. :)

I feel for you, Mati.  I'd settle for at least having a definite confirmed set build date so I know where I'm at.

3 hours ago, andyvee said:

Think yourselves lucky you didn't order a Kodiaq - ordered 5th Jan, current estimated delivery is mid-end of August. I'm not even counting in weeks anymore, I'm counting in months!

Tut, thought you'd chuck your tale of woe in sooner or later Andy.

LOL

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Tut, thought you'd chuck your tale of woe in sooner or later Andy.

LOL

Well, fancy complaining about 16 or 18 week delivery times.

You don't know what a wait is LOL until you are in to the 30's

Edited by andyvee
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit to getting hacked off now.

Got told two weeks ago that the build week had slipped to week 38.  Just chased this up again and its slipped further to week 40!!  Someone's having a laugh here, I think!!  Ordered week 18, build week 40 = 22 weeks plus 3 to 4 weeks on top for delivery, PDI etc makes collection around the end of October; about six months!!

I'm starting to wonder if it's anything to do with being a Motability customer. Mati updated his build info on 12th July to say he now has build week 33.  Longmynd ordered the same day as me, with more options and got a call on 9th June to confirm build week 25.  I'm probably just being paranoid....

I'm going to ring Skoda Customer Services again tomorrow.  If I can't get anywhere I'm thinking of seeing if the dealer will refund the £500 deposit I put down and let me cancel the order.  It may be cutting my nose off to spite my face but the only way to get my point across that this sort of service is unsatisfactory (to me)  is  a cancelled order, hitting them in the pocket.  I'm sure they will feel the hit. :biggrin:

Rant over... I feel better for that!

• Like 1

Oh, no, I just wish for 33, it's still 34 - but the factory is now closed, so no updates to that. But indeed from the original 39th it's only getting better. 22+ weeks is maybe still not Kodiaq territory, but it sounds plain weird. I don't get how Skoda calculates those though at all, after so many reports here on Briskoda about orders delivered so much faster with similar specs. The dealer quota system is something that escapes me and I don't know if there is any logic behind that.

I feel for you!

• Like 1

I spoke to customer services at 8:40 this morning and explained my concerns re my ever lengthening build week.  The lady I spoke to seemed quite sympathetic and said she would pass my concerns on to a manager and that I would receive a call back within 24 hrs.  They close at 5:30pm so it aint going to be today then.  Lets see what happens tomorrow....

Just rang Skoda again to query the no call back within 24 hrs as promised.  Got a call back in response to this a few minutes later from a lady with the title of case manager.  Very pleasant and sympathetic but didn't seem to know what I was calling about, really.  I went through it with her and she is now going to look into it.  I'm promised a further call, by noon on Friday at the latest, to address my concerns. Fingers crossed that I can get somewhere.  I will update after the call...

The factory is closed now for the summer maintenance break, so I doubt anyone will be able to get a straight answer. I think they reopen 31st July.

Bottom line is these cars are in demand, so the build times are long.

The only option is to see if there is any car of suitable spec in stock or pipeline you can accept, or cancel the order.

I'm not sure you can argue you were misinformed, as they said upfront it was a factory build with several months wait.

When I bought mine I was happy to compromise a bit, so the dealer just showed me what was at the port, and I picked the one I wanted, and I had it in 2 weeks.

• Like 1