Delivery Timescales

4 hours ago, glosrich said:

The factory is closed now for the summer maintenance break, so I doubt anyone will be able to get a straight answer. I think they reopen 31st July.

Factory reopens 24th July, BW30 or more simply, next Monday

Got my call on Friday.  Exactly as Glosrich said:

On 19/07/2017 at 13:50, glosrich said:

"The factory is closed now for the summer maintenance break, so I doubt anyone will be able to get a straight answer."

The lady explained that she hadn't managed to make any headway due to the factory being shut.  She is now going to call me on Wednesday morning, once she's had the chance to hopefully get some answers.

Placed my order for a SE 1.4 tsi basic blue with towbar on Saturday.

I was told by the dealer probably end september. Having read this thread this looks like a pipe dream (9 weeks).

Anybody placed a recent order and got a build week.

I ordered petrol VRS on 17th July. Haven't got a build week yet but was told around 14 weeks till delivery. I have a feeling this could be optimistic.

I'd be interested to know if there's a difference in delivery times between petrol and diesel - I know that some manufacturers are having difficulty meeting the demand for petrol cars due to recent bad publicity with diesels. Rumour has it that some are having to limit production of petrols in order to meet CO2 regulations that require that their average does not exceed 130g/km - otherwise they face penalties. Not sure if that's true or not!

• Sad 1

As posted on another thread, I ordered a vRS petrol (230PS) on 15th July with the dealer stating "about 12 weeks" wait and an estimated collection of end of October. First update stated build week 5, which I think is w/c 29th Jan :-( Obviously I'm not happy. I've emailed the dealer to ask why the significant delay and discrepancy with their estimate when I placed the order, but haven't yet had a response.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Kephigo said:

I ordered petrol VRS on 17th July. Haven't got a build week yet but was told around 14 weeks till delivery. I have a feeling this could be optimistic.

I'd be interested to know if there's a difference in delivery times between petrol and diesel - I know that some manufacturers are having difficulty meeting the demand for petrol cars due to recent bad publicity with diesels. Rumour has it that some are having to limit production of petrols in order to meet CO2 regulations that require that their average does not exceed 130g/km - otherwise they face penalties. Not sure if that's true or not!

Its perhaps more likely that Skoda (and the VW group in general did not anticipate a swing back to petrol after Dieselgate and the general bad press around diesel recently and simply haven't got the production capacity for petrols. 

They are certainly limiting supply in the UK by not offering a petrol Scout or other 1.8TSi models.

I would imagine more powerful 1.5 models are in the pipeline, but there's a bit of a gap between 150 and 230bhp in the range at the moment

13 hours ago, vrsMunkee said:

As posted on another thread, I ordered a vRS petrol (230PS) on 15th July with the dealer stating "about 12 weeks" wait and an estimated collection of end of October. First update stated build week 5, which I think is w/c 29th Jan :-( Obviously I'm not happy. I've emailed the dealer to ask why the significant delay and discrepancy with their estimate when I placed the order, but haven't yet had a response.

This has now jumped forward to week 44 - much better :-)

11 minutes ago, vrsMunkee said:

This has now jumped forward to week 44 - much better :-)

So your order taken during factory shutdown has improved radically on their first day back. Good news.

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

So your order taken during factory shutdown has improved radically on their first day back. Good news.

I wasn't aware that the factory was shutdown at the time I placed the order...

14 minutes ago, vrsMunkee said:

I wasn't aware that the factory was shutdown at the time I placed the order...

Maybe the salesman should have said that the initial BW might be crazy because the man who updates the BW spreadsheet is in Alicante. ;) 

1 hour ago, Kephigo said:

I've just been given a provisional build week of 36.

So 8 weeks ahead of me, despite ordering a couple of days after. What spec/options did you go for out of curiosity...?

45 minutes ago, vrsMunkee said:

So 8 weeks ahead of me, despite ordering a couple of days after. What spec/options did you go for out of curiosity...?

Manual VRS 230 estate in quartz grey (although I'm contemplating changing that) with DCC, spare wheel, folding mirrors, variable boot floor, front parking sensors, reversing camera and heated seats.

Don't understand how they work the schedule, maybe it's affected by the dealership?

From what I understood while talking to my dealership the answer is yes, Skoda assigns production quota to dealerships and those may differ. I've no idea of the rules though. As curious as I am whether my BW got bumped after factory reopen as well, my salesman is on a short vacation and I'll have to wait for some news :)

I ordered my 1.4tsi at the beginning of July. No BW yet, but one of my reasons for ordering new was the £500 free fuel offer. This has to be activated by 31 December. If the car isn't registered by then what will my position be. Presumably Skoda shouldn't make such an offer if they can't honour the contract. Anyone else have this concern?

I ordered a VRS 230 hatchback with DSG, DCC, ACC and rear camera on 12th May with an estimate of 18 weeks to delivery (mid September).  Found out today that the build week has now been put back to week 42 (mid October).  I'm beginning to think that I'll be lucky if I get the car by Christmas!

How long after order should I expect a build date.

At what point is the order lock so it can't be changed.

If my delivery is going to be Christmas maybe I add some extras as a Christmas present.

On 24/07/2017 at 21:24, Birdbrainuk said:

How long after order should I expect a build date.

I ordered on 15th July and was given a provisional build week on 21st July. I was told this would be updated (or at least I'd be notified if it had/hadn't changed) weekly. 

Edited by vrsMunkee

I just got the info from my dealer that after the factory reopened my BW34 (ordered May 8th) did not change as of now. This may be a good news, considering it could move for the worse. @peterhardy do you have some new info on yours?

22 minutes ago, vrsMunkee said:

I ordered on 15th July and was given a provisional build week on 21st July. I was told this would be updated (or at least I'd be notified if it had/hadn't changed) weekly. 

I believe you ment 21st August although, even that seems bloody quick

10 minutes ago, Mati said:

I just got the info from my dealer that after the factory reopened my BW34 (ordered May 8th) did not change as of now. This may be a good news, considering it could move for the worse. @peterhardy do you have some new info on yours?

You ordered 8th May & got BW34, did you thrown the WHOLE parts bin at the car or something? 

@themanwithnoaim BW34 is the good one! The first provisional BW assigned was BW39. :-)

As the extras go, I don't think I went overboard at all! It's meteor grey RS230 TSI (FL) with airbags for rear passengers, heated windshield and front seats and black pack added to the stock. Doesn't seem like much...