Delivery Timescales

11 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I believe you ment 21st August although, even that seems bloody quick

No, I meant 21st July - that's the date I was informed of my build week... So 1 week after I ordered, they gave me an initial build week of BW05 (end Jan '18). On 24th July I was told it was now provisionally BW44 (end Oct '17). That makes the build provisionally scheduled for ~15 weeks from point of order. 

Edited by vrsMunkee
Improved clarity

2 minutes ago, Mati said:

@themanwithnoaim BW34 is the good one! The first provisional BW assigned was BW39. :-)

As the extras go, I don't think I went overboard at all! It's meteor grey RS230 TSI (FL) with airbags for rear passengers, heated windshield and front seats and black pack added to the stock. Doesn't seem like much... 

Hmmm I think the vRS TSI is suffering from over popularity & you're just behind the rush.

I HAD (but I'm over it now) to cancel my vRS TSI which was ordered 31/03/17 & given a BW21 so, I guess you must be lucky in love instead.

6 minutes ago, vrsMunkee said:

No, I meant 21st July. 1 week after I ordered. they gave me an initial build week of BW05 (end Jan '18). On 24th July I was told it was now provisionally BW44 (end Oct '17).

Sorry I misunderstood you as saying they were building the car the very next week, my apologies for any confusion & the **** BW you got

Edited by themanwithnoaim

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmm I think the vRS TSI is suffering from over popularity & you're just behind the rush.

I HAD (but I'm over it now) to cancel my vRS TSI which was ordered 31/03/17 & given a BW21 so, I guess you must be lucky in love instead.

Yeah, I remember your cancel story from the other thread. I've stumped when I learned there is no chance to have the car for this year's holidays after all, but I'm over it too. I'm just patiently waiting to have it delivered and to have fun driving it then.

2 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Sorry I misunderstood you as saying they were building the car the very next week, my apologies for any confusion & the **** BW you got

No worries. Am hoping it again moves a little further forward than BW44 - ideally I'd need it to be BW40 to stand a chance of collection before end of October to save me having to MOT and tax the current car again...

Latest update

Got my call from Skoda Customer Services.   Absolutely bloody hopeless.  No Info at all.  Car is still build week 40 (from a week 18 order), 22 fn weeks!!  No attempt to answer any of the queries I raised re other orders placed on here at or around the same time.  She is going to keep an eye on it and give me a bell next week.  I've told her I'm far from impressed with Skoda and the lack of communication and the tripe they give out.  They tell me in June that 14 weeks is the normal accepted wait time, order to build.  Add 3 weeks for factory closure and then 3 weeks for delivery = 20 weeks to get to dealer and ready to collect.  Now they tell me that 22 weeks order to build is ok, add the delivery on and we're almost at 6 months!  I made it plain at order that my existing Motability lease allowed me to change my car from 1st September and I confirmed everything for the order via email including the expected collection date.  I didn't say end of October, early November!!

Called into the dealers, Lookers at Newcastle today too.  They tell me (after calling retail sales at Skoda) that the petrol vRS factory quotas are completely full until build week 40 and that there are no free vehicles in the pipeline that I could change to.

Gotta say, this is my first Skoda ever and the service from Skoda themselves has left me with a nasty taste in my mouth.  I would appreciate honesty in these dealings and a level playing field for all.  If there are long order tailbacks, tell me upfront.  Why are others getting their cars way before me when they ordered at the same time?  Why has my build week gone from week 32 to 37 to 35 to 36 to 38 to 40?  Can you confirm that the last build week given will not slide yet again?  No answers given.  Would I put up with this bugger about again?  Not likely!

Off to take my chill pill :sadsmile:

Edited by peterhardy

5 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Latest update

Got my call from Skoda Customer Services.   Absolutely bloody hopeless.  No Info at all.  Car is still build week 40 (from a week 18 order), 22 fn weeks!!  No attempt to answer any of the queries I raised re other orders placed on here at or around the same time.  She is going to keep an eye on it and give me a bell next week.  I've told her I'm far from impressed with Skoda and the lack of communication and the tripe they give out.  They tell me in June that 14 weeks is the normal accepted wait time, order to build.  Add 3 weeks for factory closure and then 3 weeks for delivery = 20 weeks to get to dealer and ready to collect.  Now they tell me that 22 weeks order to build is ok, add the delivery on and we're almost at 6 months!  I made it plain at order that my existing Motability lease allowed me to change my car from 1st September and I confirmed everything for the order via email including the expected collection date.  I didn't say end of October, early November!!

Called into the dealers, Lookers at Newcastle today too.  They tell me (after calling retail sales at Skoda) that the petrol vRS factory quotas are completely full until build week 40 and that there are no free vehicles in the pipeline that I could change to.

Gotta say, this is my first Skoda ever and the service from Skoda themselves has left me with a nasty taste in my mouth.  I would appreciate honesty in these dealings and a level playing field for all.  If there are long order tailbacks, tell me upfront.  Why are others getting their cars way before me when they ordered at the same time?  Why has my build week gone from week 32 to 37 to 35 to 36 to 38 to 40?  Can you confirm that the last build week given will not slide yet again?  No answers given.  Would I put up with this bugger about again?  Not likely!

Off to take my chill pill :sadsmile:

@peterhardy I feel your pain!  I ordered on week 19 and build week is now 42 (after initially being advised that delivery would be mid September).  Really can't believe it is going to take 6 months from order to delivery.

9 hours ago, JDR83 said:

@peterhardy I feel your pain!  I ordered on week 19 and build week is now 42 (after initially being advised that delivery would be mid September).  Really can't believe it is going to take 6 months from order to delivery.

Sounds like we're both in the same boat.  I must admit, if I'd known it could/would be 6 months I wouldn't have ordered the car. That's probably why they just trot out the 12 to 14 weeks line instead of an honest timescale.

To top it off for me, the advance payment I have to pay for the car under the motability scheme is £1995.  Skoda have dropped this at the latest quarterly update (July to Sept) to £1695, a saving of £300.  Can I benefit from this saving, no!  Can't work this drop out though.  Skoda are saying that we have no spare capacity, the wait's 6 months so we'll drop the price to encourage sales??  Perhaps it's related to the drop in Octavia sales as per the table below:

Deliveries of the ŠKODA brand to customers in the first half of 2017 (in units, rounded, by model; +/- in per cent compared to last year):

ŠKODA OCTAVIA (205,300; -6.5%)
ŠKODA RAPID (103,000; +0.4%)
ŠKODA FABIA (111,100; +6.1%)
ŠKODA SUPERB (75,900; +8.3%)
ŠKODA YETI (43,000; -18.0%)
ŠKODA CITIGO (only sold in Europe: 19,700; -1.6%)
ŠKODA KODIAQ (27,100; –)

Which is taken from the page linked here http://www.skodamedia.com/index.php/latest-news/skoda-achieves-best-first-half-year-in-the-company-s-history

I've given up expecting logic and sense :blink:.  I will update this thread as and when anything changes or my car goes to status 20.  Here's hoping....

Edited by peterhardy

2 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Sounds like we're both in the same boat.  I must admit, if I'd known it could/would be 6 months I wouldn't have ordered the car. That's probably why they just trot out the 12 to 14 weeks line instead of an honest timescale.

My dealer said 16-20 weeks on ordering in June and as it stands its probably looking like hitting the middle of that range, but of course its hasn't actually happened yet so time will tell. Totally agree that a 6 month wait is unacceptable, and ridiculous that dealers expect to take a significant deposit without being able to predict a delivery date.  

7 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Finally BW32 Status 20

TFFT

Hurrah!

Pleased for you but also now selfishly my hopes are raised for status 20 next week.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just had a chat with my local dealer who has quoted me 20 weeks for delivery on a basic off the peg Octavia Estate SE 1.4 DSG it seems as they are phasing out the 1.4 for the new 1.5 engine it is becoming harder to order the car with the 1.4 engine as not so many are being built. He has also told me that sales of petrol versions have massively increased since the Government started their scaremongering over diesels. It seems that Seat are having similar issues so it seems that they are both down the pecking order in the VW group?

2 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Hi all,

Just had a chat with my local dealer who has quoted me 20 weeks for delivery on a basic off the peg Octavia Estate SE 1.4 DSG it seems as they are phasing out the 1.4 for the new 1.5 engine it is becoming harder to order the car with the 1.4 engine as not so many are being built. He has also told me that sales of petrol versions have massively increased since the Government started their scaremongering over diesels. It seems that Seat are having similar issues so it seems that they are both down the pecking order in the VW group?

All the delivery lead time horror stories on here do seem to be for petrols.  More uncertainty about diesels in the news over the last couple of days can only make things worse.  Out of interest anyone factory ordered a diesel Octy recently and had it with them in 12 weeks?

With regard to SEAT/Skoda pecking order are you sure this isn't just a problem across the VW group because they've haven't been able to react quickly enough to Dieselgate and the general shift in the market away from diesel?   

Few friends have had their A4 and A6's churned on time, which makes me think the more premium VW offerings are much less affected. The production volume may be different though.

Skoda only have 2 factories in Czech Republic, the 3rd only makes DSG gearboxes, so production is limited by that.

I'm surprised they don't back-fill European supply with some production from India or Russia factories, or maybe start making the Citigo there to free up space.

1 minute ago, glosrich said:

Skoda only have 2 factories in Czech Republic, the 3rd only makes DSG gearboxes, so production is limited by that.

I'm surprised they don't back-fill European supply with some production from India or Russia factories, or maybe start making the Citigo there to free up space.

Do they actually make engines in India or Russia?  Its petrol engines that are the supply problem?  

With regard to the European plants I've always assumed VW group engines will be made in the same factory for all brands? 

So a 1.4 TSi whether fitted to Golf, Leon or Octavia will all be made in the same factory or factories?

8 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Do they actually make engines in India or Russia?  Its petrol engines that are the supply problem?  

With regard to the European plants I've always assumed VW group engines will be made in the same factory for all brands? 

So a 1.4 TSi whether fitted to Golf, Leon or Octavia will all be made in the same factory or factories?

Dont know, but I expect Google can tell us...

Supply issues concerning petrol engines isn't just affecting VW group. Before ordering my VRS, I spoke to a BMW dealer who told me that there would be little chance of getting a petrol BMW till next year. Interestingly, they are currently offering large discounts on diesels though.

VW have been slow to react though, they've only just released petrol versions of the Passat and Tiguan this month.

3 hours ago, Mati said:

Few friends have had their A4 and A6's churned on time, which makes me think the more premium VW offerings are much less affected. The production volume may be different though.

Can't imagine Audi sell too many petrol A6s?

I don't really know the statistics, but I rarely see powerful diesels here. A6 league is considered expensive enough not to be bought as a fleet or workhorse family cars and as such I notice much more powerful petrols than diesels on the streets. When talking to the dealer (I was researching both BMW 3/4 series and Audi A4 before ending up with Skoda) they didn't assume I would want a diesel either. I may be wrong though, I have never personally been a fan of diesels, so even my eye on the street may be just biased :) 

Either way - aren't Audi's TFSI engines basically the same EA888 as Octy vRS 2.0? If the engines are in short supply and no priority is given to the premium brands of VW, there would be no reason for Audi to be delivered quicker, or would it?

Looks like my dealer or maybe Skoda it's self is still blind to the delays or I will get my car before other people in the que. I just received a letter from Skoda finance extending my PCP deal on my current car which should run out 1st September.  They have exstended it 1st November. Which in theory should be to cover untill the new car is delivered.

Not yet got my build week but this would suggest a build week of 40 or sooner to meet this date for delivery.

11 hours ago, Mati said:

I don't really know the statistics, but I rarely see powerful diesels here. A6 league is considered expensive enough not to be bought as a fleet or workhorse family cars and as such I notice much more powerful petrols than diesels on the streets. When talking to the dealer (I was researching both BMW 3/4 series and Audi A4 before ending up with Skoda) they didn't assume I would want a diesel either. I may be wrong though, I have never personally been a fan of diesels, so even my eye on the street may be just biased :) 

Either way - aren't Audi's TFSI engines basically the same EA888 as Octy vRS 2.0? If the engines are in short supply and no priority is given to the premium brands of VW, there would be no reason for Audi to be delivered quicker, or would it?

Aren't all new A6s currently offered in the UK diesels? CarWow seems to say that. (Edit: realised quoted post is from different market)

Edited by juan27

10 hours ago, Birdbrainuk said:

Looks like my dealer or maybe Skoda it's self is still blind to the delays or I will get my car before other people in the que. I just received a letter from Skoda finance extending my PCP deal on my current car which should run out 1st September.  They have exstended it 1st November. Which in theory should be to cover untill the new car is delivered.

Not yet got my build week but this would suggest a build week of 40 or sooner to meet this date for delivery.

I've given up trying to work out the Skoda build system.  TBH the only thing that might improve things is if everyone who is waiting outside normal timescales gets on to Skoda and complains.

Once factory gets back up to speed you may be surprised by build dates updating and progressing better than expected. Skoda do prioritise sold vehicles also, in build and transit,  so any dealer/importer stock takes 2nd priority.

I'm over in Czech Republic next week, I'll ask them to get a bloomin move on....lol

Edited by glosrich