1.4 TSI Estate Towing Unladen Caravan at 800KG - Performance OK?

Hi

I am hoping for some advice on the performance of my car on towing a caravan I have recently purchased.

Car: 1.4 TSI Estate Elegance (2011)

Caravan: 800Kg unladen

I deliberately bought an older caravan as I knew my car was light; older caravans were built lighter so it seems and actually worked for us in terms of the design & price :-) for the current car - probably looking to change to a Superb Sportline/Technology Estate Diesel in a couple of years. 

I've been informed that 150kg would be a reasonable amount to add on for fully laden i.e. 950kg and the car can tow 1200/1250kg so 79% ratio seems OK but I would like to know if anyone has had anyone experience in towing using similar car model with similar caravan weight or heavier and what performance on pulling is likely and mpg (obv not as good as a diesel).

I am concerned that towing might well put pressure on the turbo and the bearings...........

Thanks

Mark