Fixing Bumper Damage.

Neo_VR

Not a skoda, but still worth a post.

So some utter toolbag has side-swiped the front of my Leon while parked in a public carpark. of course no note left..

Does anyone know if the damage is something that can be smart-repaired.. or is it a bodyshop job?

Its  a lease car - so it would need to be to a good standard to avoid charges when it goes back.

IMG_20170530_161727.jpg

IMG_20170530_161803.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Col - sorry to see this. Smart repair should do it. And under the lease it would be under the BVRLA's 'fair wear and tear' criteria anyway. 

Otherwise, I have a decent bodyshop in Cheadle which I can give you details for. They only price on jobs when they've seen it in person, so at least you'd get a good idea of what it might cost you.

• Like 1

Cheers Wardy.

Ill look into smart repair then. If its going to cost £££ to get fixed i may just leave it - worst comes to the worst VWFS only charge £139 max for bumper damage requiring paint - im guessing a smart repair may be more than that anyway!.

I'm surprised by that max 'penalty' to be honest. Kinda makes it a no-brainer, although I suppose you still have to live with it until the end of the lease :) - but a light polish and some touch-up should make it less obvious.

To sort it properly at a bodyshop, I'd have said £200-250 as a ballpark. Which is a bit annoying as the damage isn't *that* bad (relatively).