Love affair with Skoda is officially over!

• Administrators

Name and shame... Helps others, helps them too. 

It's a trend we're seeing more of. Thankfully the odd dealership does have people who get the brand of old and live the old ways. Many I've been into are just... gosh I don't know, useless, might be the most respectful way I can put it. 

I've not met anyone, spoken or emails since 2002 who has done a survey for those big advertising supported, wine n dined magazines. Like the annual best awards going to cars not even on the uk roads... I'm; obviously biased, much more a fan of an real owners views than any marketing team.

Heck if it wasn't for another skoda owner I'd not have gotten into the brand atall. My local dealer was kitten useless and that awas one of the new glass million+ investment sites... tip of the iceberg for the sad gloss white boxes of today in 2002.

We need to kick these dealers into touch and blackball em ;) 

Anyway in 5 maybe 10 half of them will be gone, there will be VAG mega sites and all cars will be ordered online having been around the virtual/real forecourt. These non-interested types of salesman, will be gone. That's my view. Partly backed up by recent developments of ordering your new hyundai etc online... gets my vote, easy. Car buying should be a doddle, not a song and dance. No one has time for that now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

'Seems to'.  Odd how if you ask how many BRISKODA members fill the Surveys in for JD Power, Autoexpress, Which etc there are not that many say they do.

I would hope those 'salespeople' and other employees are not those responding to surveys.

Never would happen,, well other than in Germany where a organisation was caught 'at it' with VW's.

All those happy MG owners are surprising considering how few cars there are out there.

Statistically this could happen with any manufacturer

I am one Briskoda member who has filled in favorable surveys. I've had three Skodas bought from two dealers (York and Hull) and all have been great. I still have my original 2001 Octavia , my previous 2003 Superb I 1.9 is still going strong under new ownership and is on original exhaust/clutch/battery and thus far my 2014 Superb II (43k miles) has been faultless. All fantastic cars...

Currently main car is a  Superb II - amazingly refined(petrol) , comfortable (for me - 6ft4"), spacious (new passengers are amazed, boot is huge) , reasonable power and it's economical (for a petrol)  - Will I buy another , YES

I could have been lucky - although I maintain well and don't believe in long life servicing

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ColinD said:

Name and shame... Helps others, helps them too. 

It's a trend we're seeing more of. Thankfully the odd dealership does have people who get the brand of old and live the old ways. Many I've been into are just... gosh I don't know, useless, might be the most respectful way I can put it. 

I've not met anyone, spoken or emails since 2002 who has done a survey for those big advertising supported, wine n dined magazines. Like the annual best awards going to cars not even on the uk roads... I'm; obviously biased, much more a fan of an real owners views than any marketing team.

Heck if it wasn't for another skoda owner I'd not have gotten into the brand atall. My local dealer was kitten useless and that awas one of the new glass million+ investment sites... tip of the iceberg for the sad gloss white boxes of today in 2002.

We need to kick these dealers into touch and blackball em ;) 

Anyway in 5 maybe 10 half of them will be gone, there will be VAG mega sites and all cars will be ordered online having been around the virtual/real forecourt. These non-interested types of salesman, will be gone. That's my view. Partly backed up by recent developments of ordering your new hyundai etc online... gets my vote, easy. Car buying should be a doddle, not a song and dance. No one has time for that now.

It was Winner Skoda in Cinderford, the salesman was really nice it was the sales manager who was an obnoxious p#$/k! Felt like they either didn't want to sell me the car, they just didn't want mine or they were pushing their luck as they thought I wouldn't walk away as I'd driven so far! 

Actually felt sorry the salesman as he looked uncomfortable at his colleagues behaviour and he probably lost commision as well!

• Like 1

On the subject of useless dealers, I got a call from a "supposed" dealer based in Canterbury advising that my car was due its annual service,  specially when I had to insist strongly that the service interval be set to variable, and on leaving the service desk saying, ' See you in 12 months',  My response was 'No you wont it will be when the service interval indicator comes up".

Now I said 'Supposed dealer' as the caller sounded very much like a call centre in India, based on the call itself which was scripted & read as such,  I politely advised that their records were wrong and the car is on variable and not annual service interval, and the reaction was one of OK in a tone of I have no idea what you are talking about. :D   

22 hours ago, lichfielddriver said:

I once had a price from a dealer to do a cambelt

On a Rover V8

Oh the Rover V8 - remember camshaft "rounding off"on these. Producing a very smooth engine with the power of a 1.0l engine

• Like 1