Service time..

What is the fare to take a customer on a 50 mile trip taking maybe 70 minutes plus waiting?

100 miles of fuel / 10 litres @ 115 pence a litre,

so under £12 fuel, other costs obviously to the vehicle, and then what is the hourly rate of the driver?

Prepared for much worse, but was surprised by how easy it is to service the Superb. If I had a vacuum pump for sucking the engine oil out, I wouldn't even need to go under the car at all. Oil, fuel and the air filter are all easily swapped.

VW seems to mostly use MANN-FILTER products. Order them online or at a parts shop instead of the dealership, you'll get the same filters but without the dealer markup if you want to insist going OEM parts.

On 14/06/2017 at 13:51, Awayoffski said:

What is the fare to take a customer on a 50 mile trip taking maybe 70 minutes plus waiting?

100 miles of fuel / 10 litres @ 115 pence a litre,

so under £12 fuel, other costs obviously to the vehicle, and then what is the hourly rate of the driver?

Waiting time for what?

Car £20,000

Insurance £1200

Plates/badges £300

Tyres/service

Depreciation

Finance costs

Phone bill

N.I. stamp

50 mile fare £75 (approx) fuel is of no significance compared to the rest of the costs leaves £40 for 3 hours work

I thought it was you that complained about going to collect fares and having to wait about for them to come out, sorry if that was not you.

Those other costs are spread over 45 weeks of the year if you have 7 weeks holidays a year.

Nobody pays £20,000 a year to buy a Skoda Superb on Finance or Lease do they?

Anyway we know your servicing costs and tyres are not that expensive.

The joys of being self employed, key cutting / shoe repairs or window cleaning have a higher hourly rate.

Edited by Awayoffski

On 19/06/2017 at 06:12, Awayoffski said:

Nobody pays £20,000 a year to buy a Skoda Superb on Finance or Lease do they?

I didnt say a year

Car £17,000 inc vat

HP interest admin and DVLA fees £3000

thats er...............hang on

£20,000

You wont find a lease deal for 30,000 miles a year

Edited by lichfielddriver
  • Like 1

On 19/06/2017 at 06:12, Awayoffski said:

Those other costs are spread over 45 weeks of the year if you have 7 weeks holidays a year.

seven weeks holiday?

who gets that?

ive not had more than 3 days off this year, i drive almost every day, some days 12 hours, if i was on tacho id get nicked for it

As another one who also does nearly 30,000 BUSINESS miles per year, out of all of your huge annual expenditures detailed above, how much is tax deductible?

I serviced my superb two days ago forthe first time. Did the lot, air filter, oil and filter change, fuel filter, brake fluid and reset the service light and fault check using vcds. It took me a morning to do and saved me hundreds and was easy to do. I still need to change the rear discs and pads but it got too hot and Id had enough so Im going to tackle that job tomorrow. At the end of the day if you want to save money then give up your own time and put some work in. Otherwise you have to pay someone else to do it for you and its always going to be expensive.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2017 at 23:43, BJM said:

As another one who also does nearly 30,000 BUSINESS miles per year, out of all of your huge annual expenditures detailed above, how much is tax deductible?

All running costs are tax deductable...

Doesnt mean i want to spend £50 too much, it still comes out my sky rocket

A penny saved is a penny earned

It gets the best parts (VAG/Quantom/Mintex/Michelin) as have all my vehicles (though usually I use Magnatec in my Fords)

Fuel Filter 3C0127434

TPS (genuine) £25.65 ("club" price unknown)

Rainsworth Skoda (Genuine) Ebay £20.99 (free P+P)

Autosales (Cannock) was over £30