Gissin's White vRS project

Gissin

that's probably all until the new year, then in the following order I'll be doing:

Uprated RARB

New poly bushes all round

new suspension

Shark Remap (unless they do a Christmas/new year offer or something)

probably new clutch and flywheel

Edited by Gissin

• 2 months later...

not much to report, few bits on order from super skoda:

front and rear mud flaps - as I originally brought mk3 ones by mistake

VRS foot rest

had to replace a rear tyre as a screw went though it, new jack as my old one broke!?

got an annoying light knocking sound on the front nearside - I'm guessing it's top mounts, drop links or suspension related - so going to buy my new suspension set up next/asap

decided I'm going for the concept RS +  look so look out for splitter, rear diffuser and a black roof coming spring 2018

Update 26/01/2018 - new eibach springs on order

Edited by Gissin

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gissin said:

few bits completed

front a rear mud guards up first - they state the rears don't fit the VRS with a bit of heat and a new hole drilled they do fit, slight gap underneath but filled it with a bit of clear sealant

front mud .JPG

mud guards .JPG

gap.JPG

Where did u get the mudflaps from? Needing some for mine as the sills on my vrs have taken a battering. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

so after moving house and spending all my money on different tools and house stuff I can now work on the car again.

to be honest I was very much thinking about selling it and buying a petrol vrs or a petrol XE (I still might) I've now ordered:

Maxton Front splitter

DM skirts

rear diffuser Rs+ (super skoda)

(all to be sprayed up in glass black)

unfortunately some pillock on a motor bike came down the outside of a lorry on a island and hit the side of my car (after some talking we decided to both walk away no one was hurt and only minor damage to each others vehicle as there's no witnesses and my camera didn't really help..it's an odd island) so when the body shop opens it's going in there for the bumper repair and glass black painted roof

watch this space

Edited by Gissin

some new bits to start working on the car again, interested to see how the ceramic foam gets on I've heard good things, the leather cleaner seems good and has made some of the bits I've cleaned feel soft and new again.

chucked the turbo cleaner in to potentially help clean before the map was probably unnecessary

20200611_190618.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

picked up some new bits

previous buckets are old and small .. so

x2 megs 5 gallon buckets and grit guards,

wheel brush as my micro fibers torn 

polar blast snow foam (my BH auto has ran out so thought I'd give something else a go)

megs ultimate detailer 

and a new bottle of miller's as I'd ran out and used a full tank with the turbo cleaner going through.. no, I didn't notice any difference but maybe it's cleaned, maybe it was a waste. 

20200625_112335.jpg

Edited by Gissin
  • Like 1

On 25/06/2020 at 11:28, Gissin said:

picked up some new bits

previous buckets are old and small .. so

x2 megs 5 gallon buckets and grit guards,

wheel brush as my micro fibers torn 

polar blast snow foam (my BH auto has ran out so thought I'd give something else a go)

megs ultimate detailer 

and a new bottle of miller's as I'd ran out and used a full tank with the turbo cleaner going through.. no, I didn't notice any difference but maybe it's cleaned, maybe it was a waste. 

20200625_112335.jpg

the foam impressed me