Gissin's White vRS project

Gissin

2 hours ago, skinnyman said:

So, were you happy with the results?  

super happy, will  spent a good 3 hours on it. 

the car was running really well and very clean (guess all the motorway miles / good fuels and cleaners do help) so ended up pulling 185 non mapped 

delivery of power is very lineal and a really smooth in all the gears ..wish I had done it sooner  😅

Edited by Gissin

11 hours ago, Gissin said:

new figures 

228bhp

431.1nm (317.8 ft lbs) 

My fag packet maths makes that an increase of 43bhp and 43ft lbs.  I bet it feels like a different car now.

15 minutes ago, skinnyman said:

My fag packet maths makes that an increase of 43bhp and 43ft lbs.  I bet it feels like a different car now.

fag packet maths.. not heard that one for a while, manufacturing or construction by any chance ??

yeah it's much better to drive now, very similar in stock delivery, just that power seems readily available now- 3 and 4th are a lot of fun!! 20-50 in 3rd is almost instant :rock:

do you know how to delete posts? and embed videos into a post?

• 2 months later...

New parts finally all arrived ( splitter kit)

car now booked in for black roof re-spray, front bumper lip blacked (grill width, self designed) and repair work to rear and front bumpers (pretty minor damage, cracked paint plastic dent and scratch) but it's annoying to see when cleaning the car

once these are all done im going to start looking at the splitter kit, I'm still 50/50 so might be up for sale lol

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

noticed my service was due when dropping it off so got some parts ready for when I pick it up.

top service from ecp, ordered at 10 last night, delivered by 10 today (free 4-5 day service)  👍🙆‍♂️

20210415_113927.jpg

Edited by Gissin

bit of an update, RARB on medium setting is awesome! pretty much eliminated body roll, now the weathers getting warm I'll give it a go on hard setting  

I've noticed a rattle from the rear end of the car sounds like a loose heat shield (possibly disturbed when fitting RARB) so hoping just a star washer fix.  need to get back under it to check all the bolts are still correctly torqued anyway. I'll give a wire brush and waxoyl whilst I'm there too. 

• 1 month later...
On 22/04/2021 at 09:38, Gissin said:

I've noticed a rattle from the rear end of the car sounds like a loose heat shield (

yep was a loose heatsheild, all fixed and now nice and quiet again, stuck a but of heat mate over the area to stop any further conrrosion 

20210519_180741.jpg

• 2 months later...