Relieve my ignorance, please

Had my 280 for a fortnight now and am thoroughly enamoured with it. Couple of questions please.

Is the  exteriour colour of the car reflected in the colour of the car displayed in the trip computer? On mine both are white.

When in eco mode is the kickdown performance modified or does the car just give you everything it has got?

I think ECO mode stops kick down, it also disable some electrical systems Smart light assist etc.

If I remember correctly when selecting drive mode hit the button top right of screen (cant remember its name) and it lists what is does to various car systems.

3 hours ago, Coops said:

The car icons are white on all models on the MFD etc.

Don't have a 280 nor do I use Eco mode so can't comment!

3 hours ago, Coops said:

By MFD are you talking about the maxi-dot screen between the dials or the main Columbus Screen? - if the Columbus screen then I have a silver estate and the picture on mine is of a silver estate.

• Like 1

Hey not me ! I've programmed mine with VCDS to miss eco mode... When I press the button it just skips it and a wagging finger appears on the Columbus.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lukas883 said:

My brain didn't recognise this kind of words in automotive terms, same like "electric car" or "prius" etc.

Maybe your brain needs to realise that there are affordable pure electric cars with better performance than a 280... 0-60 in 2.5 seconds (OK maybe a Model S cannot really be called affordable, but even their ‘slowest & basic Model 3’ will do it in less than 6 seconds)

Times are a changing.

Edited by Gizmo

Take a read and you will see that you are miles off the mark:

They are certainly going to take a bit more planning (which apparently the car will even do for you!) but it is more than doable.

Once all the major manufacturers get onboard around 2020 expect an even better charging infrastructure.

• Like 1

Omg man, let it go. This is just a joke, no need here to play a smart man or try proving something here. Question was about ECO mode in 280bhp which we  all know that exist but not many ppl are interested in this mode in this version of Superb. 

And posting some articles about AA batteries powered cars and infrastructures in 2020 or some further unpredictable future make no sense here. Yes, i know that electric cars exist(we all know) and they may be a very important part of motor industry in a future, however they not in 2017.

So enjoy ECO mode in Your diesel Gizmo which make more sense and i wish you all the best and many happy miles in your electric car in 2020.

More ppl in electric cars = more petrol for petrol heads