Skoda Octavia Vrs tdi MK3 Remap

My car comes out of warranty at the end of the month and have had reasonable quotes for insurance even with a remap declared (+£80). Looking for a reccomendation of where to go in the West Midlands for a remap, know people who have used P-Torque in Wombourne in the past but haven't seen many recent mentions of them on here. Has anyone used them recently or can recommend alternatives ? Have been quoted £345 for a custom remap on dyno.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
On 16/06/2017 at 09:47, M@VRS said:

My car comes out of warranty at the end of the month and have had reasonable quotes for insurance even with a remap declared (+£80). Looking for a reccomendation of where to go in the West Midlands for a remap, know people who have used P-Torque in Wombourne in the past but haven't seen many recent mentions of them on here. Has anyone used them recently or can recommend alternatives ? Have been quoted £345 for a custom remap on dyno.

Cheers

Did you find anyone? Did you get it done? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interested in this myself. I just bought a 2016 Octavia Estate vRS diesel.

I've owned a Leon FR 150 that was mapped by Will @p-torque.co.uk, back around 2004. Was a very nice smooth map.

I also had a Revo and APR map on a Cupra R 225. These were more aggressive than the P-Torque one.

I don't want anything that loads up the clutch too much. 

16 hours ago, ChrisGTL80 said:

I've owned a Leon FR 150 that was mapped by Will @p-torque.co.uk, back around 2004. Was a very nice smooth map.

I also had a Revo and APR map on a Cupra R 225. These were more aggressive than the P-Torque one.

This is why I'm seriously thinking about a tuning box as you have some  control over the amount of performance gain, ie you can turn it down to just a mild tweak, or to a level that is below the torque that slips your clutch. You can't do that with a generic map. 

• Thanks 1

I have a MK3 Vrs tdi DSG and fitted a Chip Express box. Easy to fit and discreet and adjustable. Car is awesome now and more mpg. The beauty of this is if you swap your car you can have the box re-programmed for your new one or simply sell it on. I paid a little extra for the 5yr warranty for peace of mind. Worth a look as I’ve had remake in the past and feel this is more flexible. Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2017 at 20:03, ChrisGTL80 said:

Chris, the DTUK box seems to be as smooth and as linear as any map I've had, and feels more refined than the one I had on the Leon previously. I've only tried the -1 and the 0 power settings, and they add a noticeable punch, though I couldn't tell much difference when I changed it from -1 to 0. No EML warnings, no drama, no juddering, just a strong pull to 4500. Best news is the clutch feel more than man enough for it so far....

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the advice. I shall probably look to getting something after new year so I can read further.

I like the idea of flexibility so if these newer boxes do exactly what a remap does I may just go down the DTUK route.

Also bought myself the OBDeleven device and pro license so can have a play with 'stuff'. Turned off the acoustic engine noise jobby so far - works well!

I've just removed it today as I've just bought a vrs 4x4 , so it will be put straight onto that. Used a flat blade electricians small screwdriver. Took 5 mins max from start to finish. The 4x4 did seem much slower compared to mine with chip express on!