Superb Outdoor / Scout

Anyone heard any rumors ? I love my 280 but the Mrs hates it. Wont drive it..... Would I swap ? I doubt it but show me an Outdoor / Scout with a decent petrol engine .... Would also have to be .... YUK... Manual ...

Swop the Mrs for an Outdoor/Scout? Sounds like a good deal!

(And dump your US spell checker - it's "rumours" - and no I haven't heard any so it seems you're stuck with what you've got and if she won't drive your 280, well, that actually sounds like a bonus.)

Edited by BillyJim
  • Like 3

No US spell checker just my crap speeling / tipeing ;) 

Haha yeah BJ as regards the swap I think I would be into negative equity ..... She used to drive my old Scout and really enjoyed it and I do feel guilty about the superb.... She has had a couple of goes but just says its too big and hates the DSG. She just cant get her head around leaving your left foot doing nothing. Last time she had a go she pressed the brake like it was the clutch and I left a scalp imprint on the windscreen....

• Like 1

I have the opposite problem Nick. My Mrs likes driving the 280 but she's got a heavy right foot. Now I've fitted the Response Control my head imprint is on the headrest rather than the windscreen :D

• Like 1

Omg, im not alone in this, what a relief :) My Mrs driving my 280 when she can, im afraid that on some stage i will end up in her Seat Mii 1.0 60bhp :( Nick_H - swap your missus :)

• Like 1

My wife is also scared of driving our little 220. It's a DSG thing, apparently, as with some replies above. I explained it's even easier than a manual - just stop and go pedals. A bit like a bumper car, says I... Nope. So I get to do the driving. I did offer to take her out somewhere remote with long straights and/or a large empty car park, but she's not very keen. No complaints from me! :devil:

• Like 2

My wife had never driven an auto in her life but has taken to the DSG like a duck to water. In fact she is better than me! I drove her manual the other day and committed the classic sin by ignoring the clutch and stalling it. I was not popular.

On hols at the mo near Filey. Been out over the North York Moors today. Windows down. Plenty of manual / sport modes and 2nd / 3rd gear. Great fun :-) Very satisfying and I'm sure its sounding better as time goes by ...

• Like 3

There are some great roads for a blast over the North York Moors, but the local constabulary is aware and have a lot of mobile 'safety camera' vans.