66 plate registered 1st september last year 

mileage approx 4000 

driving yesterday triangle appears saying check l/h drl 

drl is out carried on driving and came to services switched off 

switch on again drl back on no warning symbol 

car booked at dealers for a weeks time as we away 

is this warranty ??? 

i understand bulbs have a limited warranty 

Bulbs maybe have a limited warranty but not an unrealistic short life time, (never seen genuine OEM replacements excluded from the 2 year genuine parts warranty.)

and bad connections, corrosion or water ingress to connections is a warranty issue as that is a Manufacturing or materials defect possibly.

So do not listen to Dealership Service Desk staff if they say only covered for 6 months /6,500 miles.

You have the manufacturers warranty as set out in the Warranty Booklet you should have received.

http://skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/Warranty-Booklet-single.pdf 

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

No idea as fire / light / electricary is all magic to me.

But for them to sort out and find out why and only charge you if a consumable that has done its job for a considerable time, and on a 66 plate with 4,000 miles 

any failure seems like premature.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the light is working again 

Rang the dealer to make them aware it was pointless giving me a courtesy car and a booking when the light is now working 

I was told it has a 3 year warranty and to call them if it goes out and stays out 

Happy it's working again and glad its covered for 3 years 

I'd think that when or if this happens again, you should book it back in and let the dealer work out what the issue is as problems don't tend to disappear - well not in my world, I can appreciate why you cancelled this warranty visit though.

By the way, I've noticed quite a lot of newish cars with only one DRL on, and quite a high percentage of them are Skoda - that and Kia as far as I can recall, so maybe not an isolated incident.

Just to follow up, I now have my Octavia back. They replaced the whole headlight and a control unit to fix the problem under warranty. The fix may be different in the Fabia but thought you'd like an update

• Like 3