Damage! Front-left corner incl headlight

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I have damaged my car. The circumstances could not be more embarrassing but may involve a mortal fear of spiders. Thankfully no one was hurt and I've emailed the council about those two bollards :\

Main damage appears to be (1) headlight cover (lights work), (2) mud-guard for the tyre, not sure what proper name is, (3) some bumper damage, (4) plastic damage - bits came off but not sure what exactly. 

I've been searching online and still I have no idea how much this is going to cost me - I've heard about car breaking, and just general car parts places. Then I can find someone to do the fitting I guess. And perhaps someone with a good eye to have a look and see what I even need first of all. I just want the car to be safe to drive and look decent - a few grazes and a small dent I can live with in a car that's done me well at 160k.

I guess what I'm asking is for advice on how to proceed. I can see near-side headlights on ebay and will call and ask tomorrow if they have that grill too. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

20170618_224951.jpg

20170618_225001.jpg

20170618_225520.jpg

Inked20170618_225013_LI.jpg

20170618_225539.jpg

Edited by student91

Damaging the bollards may well trigger a claim so wait to see what the council do.  If they demand payment for the bollards you may well need to make an insurance claim.  In which case may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb - get your car fixed too.

21 hours ago, eccleshill said:

Damaging the bollards may well trigger a claim so wait to see what the council do.  If they demand payment for the bollards you may well need to make an insurance claim.  In which case may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb - get your car fixed too.

Thats assuming you have fully comprehensive insurance. Otherwise you will still be footing the bill!

Make sure the wing/front panel are not bent or deflected from alignment as that will start the bill racking up! The wheel liner or inner wing is fiddly but should be easy to source second hand. Headlight too but be sure. Sometimes, new from places like eurocarparts or carparts4less can be better prices then breakers yards AND the deliver for free. (Look out for discount codes, too). Looks like the bumper grill insert is damaged too. Quite a cheap item from the main dealer.

Did you do that wheel scuff at the same time? Might have knocked out the tracking or damaged suspension. Uncorrected tracking will very quickly kill your tyres so worth getting straightened, straight away!

To be honest, a low speed crunch can potentially cause quite a few grands worth of damage and without an inspection, its just guesswork as to how much you may have done. You might be "Lucky" and have superficial damage.