Write off?

4 hours ago, CWARD said:

That's a lot more damage than it looked. This happened at a roundabout?

Yes. I was slowly coming up to roundabout.  Guy behind obviously wasn't watching the lights.

53 minutes ago, Vegasphil said:

You got a good price out of them I think. Well done!!

Getting another or going for something different? 

Something Different. Seat Leon FR. Sorry! :-)

Ouch. And he still managed to pass you after hitting you, must have been going at some speed. No doubt got a notification on his phone.

How many people then go through the red light to get past!?

3 hours ago, davidjones74 said:

Something Different. Seat Leon FR. Sorry! :-)

I sold my VRS a couple of months back. I just like lurking here. FR is a good choice!

Hard hit on the cam. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, meaty101 said:

Which website is that? I'm presuming that's the insurance company selling the car?

It will be Copart. Looks like a full tank of diesel too. Typical!  

A number of years ago I bought a Nissan Primera from a dealer that I knew was in financial trouble.  I got a good deal.  I realised how good when 6 months later the car was written off when stopped behind a car turning right at traffic lights and a woman driver collided with the rear of my car.  The insurance company's first offer was £300 more than I had paid for the car.  After a bit of negotiation they raised their offer by £200.  Result - £500 profit; although no loan car provided after one week and I had the hassle of finding another car.

At that time there was a company near Bath who would negotiate with insurance companies to gain a higher offer for a written off car.  They would only take on the case if they thought they could achieve an offer at least £200 more and they charged a fixed fee of £100. They went out of business after about 3 years.  I never used them.

Edited by philbes

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 21:56, silver1011 said:

How many people then go through the red light to get past!?

Possibly something to do with the stop link being set back from the roundabout give way and the time delay for travelling between the two points...

On 12/07/2017 at 09:57, Vegasphil said:

It will be Copart. Looks like a full tank of diesel too. Typical!  

I'd only just filled it up! Shell Vpower Petrol too! Gutted....

Edited by davidjones74
  • Like 1

Mine went to Copart, winning bid was around £4200 plus fees !! Its now back on the road as the new owners contacted me. Unfortunately I could find a VRS at the time & now have a Tiguan, but I do miss the VRS