Query about the SE Drive Infotainment unit

Steamdrivenandy

8 hours ago, Wardy said:

Have the radio or media playing, then just press in the left steering wheel volume control which mutes at the current level without having the go right down to zero?

That's the way I do it anyway. Although I don't have a problem with radio or media running at the same time as nav instructions.

I'll give that a try Wardy,. Does that mute everything the satnav too or just the radio/media?

I don't mind having the radio/media running at the same time as the satnav it's just that sometimes I might like to turn the radio/media off and have silence/conversation with just the satnav operating. It seems to be simple to turn those functions on when the satnav is running, you just select them. However you can't select them again to turn them off. All you can do is either turn off everything, including the satnav, or mute the radio/ media, which isn't actually turning them off.

On a friend's Audi you can actually turn off each individual function depending on which is visible on screen at the time. It's just a matter of learning a different mode of operation.