Glow Plug Coil Light flashing on Fabia 1.9tdi

Why is the coil light flashing and staying flashing?

Happy to check other things before being charged £50 for a diagnostics check?

INSPEC and the spanner symbol are flashing too on ignition too but I presume that is because I have not serviced the car for nearly 2 years.

Thanks

Staro

coil light could be many reasons, as could the engine symbol. I would bite the bullet and get the diagnostics checked to be safe. It could be mass airflow meter, (£30-£40 ebay- £120 eurocarparts), along with many other faults. It could even be the glow plugs themselves! Do you have a DPF?

5 hours ago, staro30 said:

Why is the coil light flashing and staying flashing?

Happy to check other things before being charged £50 for a diagnostics check?

INSPEC and the spanner symbol are flashing too on ignition too but I presume that is because I have not serviced the car for nearly 2 years.

Thanks

Staro

If you put your location on then somebody with a diagnostic machine might be able to help you out. 

7 hours ago, mrgf said:

coil light could be many reasons, as could the engine symbol. I would bite the bullet and get the diagnostics checked to be safe. It could be mass airflow meter, (£30-£40 ebay- £120 eurocarparts), along with many other faults. It could even be the glow plugs themselves! Do you have a DPF?

No DPF`s on 1.9tdi.

Actually, I have a 1.4 TDi not 1.9. Sorry! No idea if I have a Diesel Particle Filter.

I'm in PE10 but work in Stevenage so is there anyone in these places plus anywhere in between on the A1 who has a diagnostics checker to help me?

If you have the service history book there is a list of codes on the first page. This link will tell you what each code means. If your car has a DPF one of the codes should tell you if your car has one fitted.

http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

From memory I believe the 1.4tdi Greenline had a dpf but the other 1.4tdi`s did not.

So £20 later after attachment to a Diagnostics computer I have the following fault:

16955 Brake Switch (F) Implausible Signal PO 571

I can confirm that with brake pedal pressed, I only get the brake light top of the rear window coming on.

What do I need to buy and could I fit it myself?

Thanks

If you said the brake lights were not working sooner...

They are not hard to fit so save yourself a hundred squid. Type your reg plate in to eurocarparts or carparts4less and see how much they are with discount code. They will be delivered in a few days.

So I have the new Brake Light Switch that the diagnostics diagnosed was the problem; 16955 Brake Switch (F) Implausible Signal PO 571. It's a genuine Skoda part from the link that Lyminton posted. I rang the company and they stated it is easy to fit. Is it?! Any instructions anyone?

It's part number 6Q0-945-511

TIA

So that was easy! Replaced the brake light switch. But still no brake lights! The coil light is still on and flashing. Aaaaah!

I checked the rear bulbs first on the left side and none seem to have blown.

The switch was easy fit and I was careful to plug the pin plug back in until it clicks. The switch was locked back in by turning clockwise and I can see the plunger descending when I press the brake.

I have checked the fuse for brake lights (number 21) and it is fine.

I note that the rear window brake light works but when the brake is depressed it goes off nd then returns dim for a few seconds before dissipating. Help!!!!

Just a thought though, Have you thought of changing the DIMLY LIT bulb? Perhaps it is defective. Pull it out and try again without this bulb, then put NEW bulb in and try. Don't rely on putting a supposedly "fine" old bulb back in just to be sure. Swapping for new ones is so cheap and if there is no difference, the oldies can always be kept as spares!