Drivers window dropped

Oh Bugger, got home from work to be told that the drivers window will not close.

Literally just had a quick look and I can hear the electric motor but the glass isn't moving. Had to tape a plastic sheet over the frame for now but is this a known problem? I have noticed occasionally since buying the car that, when raising and lowering the window, it's a bit temperamental.

Edited by garibaldy

I think I saw that your Fabia is a 56 plate? If so you are going to have mucho fun drilling out door carrier rivets and fitting new ones with a lazy tong riveter :tongueout:

• Like 1

Just now, TMB said:

I think I saw that your Fabia is a 56 plate? If so you are going to have mucho fun drilling out door carrier rivets and fitting new ones with a lazy tong riveter :tongueout:

Yep 56 plate Lee. That sounds like fun (not). 

Just now, garibaldy said:

Thanks guys. Where is the best place to buy the regulator?

You have two choices. You can get a complete ancillaries carrier with regulator already fitted, or you can get the repair kit to assemble yourself. Both are available on ebay.

• Like 1

If replacing the whole panel you have to swap over your door speaker to the new one. Speaker rivets are part number N90765701 (4.8mm)

Ancillaries carrier to door rivets are N91078801 (6.4mm)

Edited by TMB
  • Like 1

i'm lovin' the challenges this little beastie is throwing at me :speechless: and i'd never heard of a 'Lazy tong riveter' until Lee posted!!

Edited by garibaldy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, garibaldy said:

Not a realistic chance. The Skoda rivets are needed plus a capable riveter.

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/fabia-door-panel-rivet-2000-2007-23645

Then have a look for a "Lazy Tong" riveter copy.

• Like 1

When I woke up this morning I didn't think I'd be ordering a 'lazy tong riveter'!

Will call the VW dealer tomorrow and see if they can get me some of those rivets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, garibaldy said:

When I woke up this morning I didn't think I'd be ordering a 'lazy tong riveter'!

:D

Place where rivets of all sizes turn up in a kit is Aldi- worth a look, especially at the price ?

Just had a look on my mic, and doubt it, so next place I'd look is my local motorfactor.

BTW- Screwfix also do lazy tong riveters, and rivets. And kits with rivets.

Worth a look ?

• Like 1