Regen or no regen

Sad555

Had the car about just over  3 yrs 23.000 miles and engine wise never missed a beat,still no Fix ,I only do longish miles in it between 20 and about 500 and when I first had it I noticed the occasional regen once the car had stopped but I can't remember the last time I parked up an heard the regen active,and have NEVER noticed it whilst driving........so I am happy with the present situation but wondered what other members have experienced (fix or no fix)and do the ad blue rinses still get the regen or is it not needed.        Ps just had a great drive up through the Rhayader valley and around Snowdonia and back via llangollen (horse shoe pass)and Ludlow / Leominster /tintern ,gods country,three days not all in one,and not one regen that I noticed,!

Edited by Sad555

Apart from the smell and fans running when stopped the only things I have noticed while driving is the fuel consumption increases and the oil temperature goes up by 5 - 7 degrees for a few miles.

• Like 1

Well it was hot today and the aircon was on all day but hey ho who cares about mpg and  regen this was OUR Summer,!

Guest FurryFriend

Believe me, when your last car was a V6 3.5 litre petrol guzzling people carrier, giving us 20/ 22mpg average the last thing I'm bothered  about now is the Yetis very meagre fuel consumption. 

We used to fill up weekly £50\65. Now it's fortnightly £20 or less.. Light foot on pedal pays for itself. 

We bought ours as a retirement present to ourselves to explore the UK with, and it is PERFECT. The aircon makes negligible demands on the fuel consumption. 

Makes enjoying the scenery even more enjoyable. Love it :):)

My Greeline has done this 3 times now since the fix had to be done 10 days ago. Other telltale sign is the stop start doesnt work and the engine keeps going. Only done about 200 miles in that time. Hardly ever happened before as lots of motorway trips tend to do any regens needed.

If you're on a long drive without coming to a stop very often, it's quite likely the regens are occurring without you noticing, and are completed by the time you switch off.

Whilst moving, the only way I notice on mine is a slightly more gruff exhaust note around 1500rpm.

At standstill, idle speed is very slightly higher.

On 22/06/2017 at 23:17, kenfowler3966 said:

My Greeline has done this 3 times now since the fix had to be done 10 days ago. Other telltale sign is the stop start doesnt work and the engine keeps going. Only done about 200 miles in that time. Hardly ever happened before as lots of motorway trips tend to do any regens needed.

Why on earth did you have the 'fix'?

Its for VAG's benefit not ours!