T00mms Meteor Grey

T00mm

1 minute ago, Phillips said:

Where did you get the tint film from and what darkness % was it?

Ebay, and not sure what darkness percentage it is. Tried a lighter version first and it didn't blend with the rear lights. So went for the darker one I had in stock. It wasn't limo black, thats all I know

• Like 1

Popped to The "Evo Triangle" today, 

Parts were terrible due to road works and the dreaded convoy system and other parts were very wet and greasy,

However my VRS proved itself against my mates Clio RS. Kept up with it and the only thing that let it down was the size of my balls and the risks I was prepared to take. 

Nevertheless, Its a great way to learn how the car controls. 

35591945731_afe60f8452.jpg

35683337666_f61fdbf699.jpg

34913651293_e710a496f7.jpg

35591944341_faca3c3d16.jpg

35554343042_8f6de2bff4.jpg

Edited by T00mm

Better to back off than play billy big B******s and write off a nice motor.

I've found that the car doesn't handle as well as I'd like when pushing on. Better spend some money :D

Edited by Phillips

On 05/07/2017 at 13:38, Phillips said:

Better to back off than play billy big B******s and write off a nice motor.

I've found that the car doesn't handle as well as I'd like when pushing on. Better spend some money :D

What upgrades are you going for?

On my last motor I did springs, top mounts and rear anti roll bar so I'm thinking I'll go for coilovers this time then see what else needs doing after testing for a while. 

Cant go to mad still needs to be sensible for the daily commute.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phillips said:

On my last motor I did springs, top mounts and rear anti roll bar so I'm thinking I'll go for coilovers this time then see what else needs doing after testing for a while. 

Cant go to mad still needs to be sensible for the daily commute.

Most of my cars had the Coilover treatment. My Q3 didn't mind you.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, T00mm said:

Loving every minute,

Hard wired my dashcam, put plenty of miles on it already.

Will get some more photos asap. My Kayak looks great on its roof.

Snap! This is the group I run if you're ever intereset in a paddle :) www.kewpaddlers.com

IMG_3367.thumb.JPG.c3304f6908209c52a17aa169b6f2c9ce.JPG

Edited by Phillips

5000k miles done, 
Trips to the beach, the refuse tip, kayak adventures, day to day work and also weddings.

Really happy with it, everyone seems to love the flat paint too. Who said it had to be metallic?

36603847883_d799c184a3.jpg

Octavia VRS in the dark by T00mm, on Flickr

Edited by T00mm

• 6 months later...

Sits much better now its been slightly lowered.  I still don't like Meteor Grey... makes me thing the Navy had some spare ship paint :)  I'm trying (and 80% failing) to convince the wife I need a hot hatch/sporty cruiser (Leon Cupra/Octavia VRS TSI or similar) because I get bored quick... We haven't even got hold of the new Superb yet :blush:

On 12/04/2018 at 15:35, hwr1983 said:

Sits much better now its been slightly lowered.  I still don't like Meteor Grey... makes me thing the Navy had some spare ship paint :)  I'm trying (and 80% failing) to convince the wife I need a hot hatch/sporty cruiser (Leon Cupra/Octavia VRS TSI or similar) because I get bored quick... We haven't even got hold of the new Superb yet :blush:

Sits how it should of out of the factory. The colour isn't for everyone I understand that. I also like that it isn't popular. Stands out a bit more. 

Its certainly fairly pokey. Tend to sit in eco mode 80% of the time as traffic really does take the fun out of driving. But when I do get a change to open it up i'm always pleasantly surprised.

On 13/04/2018 at 14:01, Phillips said:

Looks stunning!

Need to get around to lowering mine but don't have time or money at the moment.

Its not as expensive as you think. I have an extra set of coilovers up for sale. Went and bought two different sets due to a mix up of communication. I'm going to take a hit on the resale price but its not the end of the world.

3 hours ago, T00mm said:

Its not as expensive as you think. I have an extra set of coilovers up for sale. Went and bought two different sets due to a mix up of communication. I'm going to take a hit on the resale price but its not the end of the world.

Its not the price of coil overs that’s the issue, it’s my current credit card balance :D

Im after HR Monotubes - what spare set do you have? 

18 hours ago, Phillips said:

Its not the price of coil overs that’s the issue, it’s my current credit card balance :D

Im after HR Monotubes - what spare set do you have? 

Skoda Octavia MK3 III 5E adjustable suspension lowering kit and drop links. TA-Technix kit. 
Front and the rear adjust from 30mm-70mm
2x front coilover shocks with springs dust covers and bump stops
2x adjustable drop links for the front
2x rear gas sport shock absorber
2x rear springs
2x rear adjusters 
1x key

£200 Collected.

• 6 months later...