You even got it in the right colour!

Is that a lane assist or high beam assist camera I can see on the windscreen? If it's lane assist, get someone with VCDS to activate high beam assist if you don't have it. Traffic sign recogition is useful too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, shakeyman said:

Is that a lane assist or high beam assist camera I can see on the windscreen? If it's lane assist, get someone with VCDS to activate high beam assist if you don't have it. Traffic sign recogition is useful too.

Ooh. It's lane assist. I didn't know I could get that activated. I'll look into this. 

Edited by Richies83

16 minutes ago, shakeyman said:

Good shout.  I don't like the lane assist (unless I'm travelling into the night and maybe tired) but high beam assist is great IME.  Especially if you do a lot of night driving on rural roads.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Good shout.  I don't like the lane assist (unless I'm travelling into the night and maybe tired) but high beam assist is great IME.  Especially if you do a lot of night driving on rural roads.  

Do I need to go to the dealership to do this then?

1 minute ago, Richies83 said:

Do I need to go to the dealership to do this then?

No.  A dealer will not do it ordinarily.  You need a helpful fellow Briskodian with VCDS to enable it for you. Check out: 

and 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shakeyman said:

is that a lane assist or high beam assist camera I can see on the windscreen? If it's lane assist, get someone with VCDS to activate high beam assist if you don't have it. Traffic sign recogition is useful too.

Lane assist is standard on a UK VRS.

Traffic sign recognition is useful, until it erroneously reports back "100" in a 40 zone! Not sure it would be a valid defence in court :P

Does it not also display the sat nav indicated speed limit as well as the sign?
Our Volvo has this & displays both signs, with the lower one being larger & slightly overlapping the faster limit.

I have Traffic signs enabled on my 230. There is a  national speed sign leaving a village near me but the sign is so dirty the TSR remains at 30 mphn because it can't read it. On the sat nav the speed sigh goes to 60 mph when leaving the village as it's programmed into the Sat nav unit. The TSR corrects it self when It gets to the next Speed sigh.

Sat nav says 60, TRS says 30..................

29 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

@Richies83 is that pano roof I see?

If so, that's a great find. Any other options?

Yes pano roof(one of the main things i wanted), power boot, heated seats, keyless entry, Columbus sat nav, canton sound and heated mirrors. 

13 minutes ago, Richies83 said:

Yes pano roof(one of the main things i wanted), power boot, heated seats, keyless entry, Columbus sat nav, canton sound and heated mirrors. 

Does the Pano Roof open like a sunroof or is it just a glass roof.

On my 230 Hatch the Pan Sunroof starts at the top of the windscreen, covers the roof from the edge ( top of doors ) and is two thirds the length of the roof.

IMG_1156.JPG

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

13 minutes ago, Richies83 said:

Wow, fabulous. I have pano & Columbus. Thought I'd done well. You have one amazing vRS there. 

One other difference, mine's not an oil burner ;-)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

On my 230 Hatch the Pan Sunroof starts at the top of the windscreen, covers the roof from the edge ( top of doors ) and is two thirds the length of the roof.

Estate pano has slide & tilt. Fully back, there's a huge opening. It's great! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

IMG_1156.JPG

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Yes it opens right back, or just in steps if you prefer. Inside it has an internal shade too. I can get some more photos later

913AA693-1B7E-436A-B5AC-F3F3913C7BF4_zps

10 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

Wow, fabulous. I have pano & Columbus. Thought I'd done well. You have one amazing vRS there. 

One other difference, mine's not an oil burner ;-)

Thanks man. I did luck out with some of the options; not convinced it actually is a Columbus. But that is what the sales guy told me; now I look at it I am unsure. Canton is pretty decent, but I will be upgrading to a larger woofer at some point. 

26 minutes ago, Richies83 said:

Brilliant. Looks like the dealer told me a porky on that then. Mine seems to be the Amundsen?

Amundsen here too :dull:

Now I think I have Columbus envy :envy:

Gaz