2018 Toledo 1.0 TSI megadeal

Over on SeatCupra, a member has just got an unbelievable 40 % discount off a brand new (not pre-reg) 1.0Tsi Excellence (the new top spec).

RRP £20070.

Work it out!

His supplier has 7 more.

Look here for more details:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4729602#post4729602

• Like 1

A bit like 'No Mum trainers' bought from Asda, Lidl, Aldi, Sports Division , Amazon etc.

Available in all colours and all sizes at Much Cheapness and then reduced by 40%,

so not really selling like Hot Cakes or even selling badly at near the RRP.

True, but an inoffensive, roomy, effective family motor like a Toledo or Rapid for 12k brand new can't really be sniffed at.

The RRP for both are a joke IMHO, but I'll bet 90% of the new buyers on here paid way more than 12k.

• Like 1

Absolute bargain, much cheapness at purchase and great as a keeper.

Good value for money, tech etc, often the pick of the VW Group parts.

Just expect to have to trade in at SEAT or take a hit if punting sooner or later, but if buying a keeper that is not an issue.

How SEAT have been for a long time now in the UK.

When you know that there you having it covered.

Skoda Quality Control of the new Kodiaq seems pathetic, and we will need to see how the Karoq is.

SEAT is the VW Group value brand and so far the Skoda built ATECA seems OK.

Real bargain.

I paid just short of that for my pre reg (10 miles on the clock) 14 plate three years ago. That at the time was a saving of around £5k ish then on RRP.

As said who pays RRP these days, definately not worth it and I wouldn't have done it then.

What now for Toledo or even Rapid SH prices at these new prices like? Ok it's an offer but I'm sure more offers off new will be along.

Edited by MickA

1 hour ago, MickA said:

The deal I viewed had around £7k off RRP + £1k finance contribution = £8k off is it the same type of deal?

nope I saw that deal also. this is what it says £11995 OTR.

On 6/26/2017 at 11:11, cypher007 said:
5 left now.

On 6/26/2017 at 11:11, cypher007 said:
5 left now.

I ordered mine over the weekend. I haven't driven a petrol engine car in over 27 years.

Edited by Fab Estate
  • Like 1

Not the most in demand 'much cheapness bargain' of all time vehicles being punted by SEAT Dealerships in the UK it would seem!

They're not doing much publicity for the 40% off I think. Buyers think it costs 20k not 12.

No-one's ever going to buy a Toledo/Rapid at anywhere near list ( apart from a few on here  who did of course )

20 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

As it happens, it's my local dealer who are trying to punt them out the door at 40% off.  In fact they're all metallic so call it 42% off.

I did try posting this deal on Hotukdeals. but ive been told they arnt going to allow deals from this retailer to be posted at this time. don't understand?

• 3 weeks later...

What a bargain?

Even cheaper than the last bargain one I bought but it has so much more:

The classier alcantara interior I wanted since the 2014 I-tech got one. Plus metallic paint,  front and rear park sensors, Full LED Lights, Kessy, Tiredness recognition system? Hill hold, TPMS. More power, alleged better economy and emissions too. 

Can't wait.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased one of these Toledo cars, cracking car. Much better with the dark coloured upholstery than the light coloured in the previous cars. Nonetheless, the toys did not totally win me over, would have much preferred reversing camera and winter pack instead of the Kessy and tiredness recognition system .. don't know who specs these cars, not sure where they do their research?

Edited by Smileyman

Saw a similar offer at a local Seat dealer the other day.  They have a few Seat Toledo hatchbacks, 1.0 TSI Xcellence 5 doors for £12,995.  The tale is that they bought 10 so got a good price.  The truth is that Seat can't flog these cars so had to massively discount them.  If you are looking for a car of this size, this is an attractive deal but why would you pay this when you can get the same car £1,000 cheaper at another dealer?

They probably cant sell them 'cos buyers know they're really badge-engineered Skodas ;) 

And there's a load of brand new 16 plate Rapids still knocking about the dealer network too.

I posted that same thing about the price somewhere, i.e. if the Norwich dealer wants £12995 but the Grimsby dealer wants  £11995, drive to Grimsby (even if you live in Norwich) - I have been told Westgate have 30 of them at the intro price.

It's the brand new MY18 model so they are trying to get them out there in public view with big discounts I guess.

This certainly doesn't help Arnold Clark and others who are trying to offload pre-reg stocks of the MY17 with the 1.2 engine (for more money than the brand new 67 plate cars we are talking about here).

I also don't see how it helps Westgate flog the Skoda Rapid either at their adjoining SEAT/SKoda dealership. I drove a Rapid SE Sport to try the 1.0 triple; how will anyone buy that for rather more money than the Toledo, when the Skoda has a much less plush interior and less standard toys. I suppose it depends how much you want the big glass roof - I really liked that bit I must say.

Edited by camelspyyder