2018 Toledo 1.0 TSI megadeal

Westgate service department told me they'd bought about 30!

No wonder they're undercutting other SEAT dealers.

And of course there's zero delivery charge with the dealership location right next to the docks where they arrive.

16 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

And of course there's zero delivery charge with the dealership location right next to the docks where they arrive.

I understand they'd taken 36 in total and are now down to "single figures".

Any left with heated seats or winter pack or are they all non factory extras ?[standard excellence spec]

Edited by BACUPIAN
specified spec ?

On 13/08/2017 at 16:31, BACUPIAN said:

Any left with heated seats or winter pack or are they all non factory extras ?[standard excellence spec]

I understand the cars available at £11995 are standard "Xcellence" spec.

Edited by pinkpanther

36 minutes ago, BACUPIAN said:

If you put any options required into carwow dealers will email you direct with their best price within a day or two.

Not sure how close to £11995 OTR you'll get.

Edited by camelspyyder

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 18:53, nbramwel said:

Saw a similar offer at a local Seat dealer the other day.  They have a few Seat Toledo hatchbacks, 1.0 TSI Xcellence 5 doors for £12,995.  The tale is that they bought 10 so got a good price.  The truth is that Seat can't flog these cars so had to massively discount them.  If you are looking for a car of this size, this is an attractive deal but why would you pay this when you can get the same car £1,000 cheaper at another dealer?

Ask them to price match!

Edited by Smileyman

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 16:31, BACUPIAN said:

No, I looked into that - all standard spec cars, no winter pack, no reversing camera

• 2 weeks later...

I collected my Toledo  today and best of all it didn't have electronic handbrake which a local dealer said it would have. Drove it home with a journey of 120 miles with 4 of us in + aircon and the display said 60.5 mpg when I got home. I am more than happy with my purchase.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 09:25, camelspyyder said:

I asked where the cars came from and he said it was down south. I can't remember the docks but it wasn't from over the road.

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 17:34, Fab Estate said:

I collected my Toledo  today and best of all it didn't have electronic handbrake which a local dealer said it would have. Drove it home with a journey of 120 miles with 4 of us in + aircon and the display said 60.5 mpg when I got home. I am more than happy with my purchase.

how did you manage that? I drove from Grimsby to Boston and only managed 54mpg. around town I'm getting mid 30's.

beginning to wonder if the gearbox has got any oil in it.

Collected this morning :)

48 mpg on the way home, X-country B-roads.

Gearbox pretty slick as per the old one. Even the same occasionally slightly baulky 4th gear (a Leon TSI I tried was the same as well.)

Handling a bit flatter than the old one despite the usual high ride height.

Good grip from Bridgestone Potenza 050A's.

Ride seems a little jiggly compared with Conti's but haven't checked TP's yet.

2 questions.

1.How do you check the Nav system has the latest data?

2.Where do you download all the missing station logos for DAB?

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/how-to-guides/sat-nav

Cheers.

Edited by camelspyyder
Answered question 2

23 hours ago, cypher007 said:

how did you manage that? I drove from Grimsby to Boston and only managed 54mpg. around town I'm getting mid 30's.

beginning to wonder if the gearbox has got any oil in it.

Most of my drive home was on motorway so it was 6th gear most of the way. I haven't done a journey yet below 60 mpg but my 30 mile journey to work is probably 10miles on the M60 doing 50mph. I think the "secret" is to get in 6th gear as soon as possible without labouring the engine.  These figures I quote are from the onboard computer.

Edited by Fab Estate