And On Day 6

35 minutes ago, drewellis said:

Looks like overspray to me, one of our friends is a professional detailer and he does a lot of overspray/fallout removal work, I've seen this before. 

I'd be very shocked if it's polishing compound, even if they use too much it doesn't normally collect like that, it gathers at the edges/creases. And unless it's been left there for a week it should come off very easily with a cloth... 

Exactly Drew,  A pressure washer on the car should soften the 'compound' enough for it to be wiped off with a microfiber cloth...I started to give it light rub and it didn't shift so I backed off and thought this is obviously an accident but needs sorting...

As I said, a Clay bar and some detailing spray would do it but it shouldn't be for the customer to do this... plus the misses would get annoyed as I would obviously loose a day as I would 'loose track of time'..hehe...

9 minutes ago, freelunch said:

I know nothing, but it looks like spatter to me, maybe from another job.

Interestingly the spatter doesn't go any further up the car...

A brief gust of wind / breeze has just shifted some paint over onto mine... Fine.. it happens..

The bit that got me was the fact they attach a card to the paper work guaranteeing it's be 'Thoroughly Inspected'..

What also ticked me off was the paper floor mats that read ' Enjoyed you repaired and clean car'

It was a total mess...they obviously don't clean the cars before doing any work, just the panel(s) they are working on.....

IMG_20170721_193539.jpg