Triple ping / warning signal

Hi

My '12 reg Fabia Estate has today started giving me a high pitched triple ping. There's no warning light on the dashboard. It's a bit higher than the low fuel warning (which has also gone off today). It's happened three times on the same patch of road. Perhaps something where the road surface is also sloped/ not even, combined with low fuel? Have driven along this stretch of road many many times with no problems before. I'm a bit concerned as we are moving house later this week from the North West to the South East. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be?

Welcome.

I never know and miss some pings as Mutt & Jeff quite often.

So many things it can be but usually there are lights as well as the pings.

Washer Fluid level, TPMS, Seat Belt Warnings.

Do you have a TPMS and has it been set recently. Or checked & Set?

• Like 1

Thanks. Car hasn't been in the garage for months (coming up to annual service in September). I don't think that I've got TPMS fitted. It's not the seat belt warning (different pitch). I don't think that the washer fluid one has ever gone off, even when empty. 

It would be handy if there were a list of all the audible signals somewhere ;-). 

Think I will fill the car up tomorrow and see if it still makes the same noise on the same stretch of road. Will be doing tyre / washer fluid etc. checks shortly also before the long drive. Still niggling that I don't know what it is.

Dont want to be cheeky, but 20 or 50 pence at a Filing Station's Air Inflation device is a good idea when in getting fuel. 

Best sooner than later if not getting done regularly up to now.

Brake fluid looks low,

petrol was low,

tyre pressures unkown,  

Sundays seem to be 'give the car some attention day'.

You can rule out most of those though. 

Petrol pings a light. 

Tpms is near the handbrake bit surely that displays?

Brake fluid.. not sure but wouldnt think so? 

Do you have access to plug it into VCDS and see if theres any fault codes logged? 

Looking in the owners manual, if there is a fault with the ABS, it shows up on the dashboard light (ABS). Additionally, you may hear THREE audible pings which may indicate a more serious fault in the ABS system!

Thanks all. Definitely no lights showing on dashboard so still a mystery. After we filled the tank and updated the tyre pressure for the long journey, the pings stopped for a day (while driving on the same roads). Brief pings again yesterday, so am going to get it looked at properly once we've moved tomorrow/Thurs. Will post the outcome here to resolve the mystery....

What does your 'seat belt not fastened warning' sound like if you do not click in your seat belt and could it be a false warning from this due do a dodgy connection?

14 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

What does your 'seat belt not fastened warning' sound like if you do not click in your seat belt and could it be a false warning from this due do a dodgy connection?

I didnt do mine up the other day.. it beeped... then when i ignored the beep for a few minutes.. it did a higher pitched beep. 

I've had the car since 2013 and i didnt even realise the dash was capable of a higher pitched beep until this thread and that occasion

Seatbelt signal is higher pitched and slower intervals.

I've worked out what the issue is (hanging my head in shame). I've just got a TomTom which I thought was switched off, but was pinging to tell me that there were speed cameras etc....Thank you all so much for your help. So embarrassed!

Just now, georgianakate said:

Seatbelt signal is higher pitched and slower intervals.

I've worked out what the issue is (hanging my head in shame). I've just got a TomTom which I thought was switched off, but was pinging to tell me that there were speed cameras etc....Thank you all so much for your help. So embarrassed!

ahh what. As if we'd of ever guessed that :D

Glad you're sorted! and glad theres nothing actually wrong! 

So funny. Glad its not the ABS as the manual says serious fault.... Might be a fair amount of beer tokens! Strange though, that is three audible pings too!