diesel fuel

6 hours ago, mrgf said:

Use normal diesel and throw a bottle of Cataclean diesel additive in every three months. You can usually get it for about £13-£15 quid. You will spend more then that on higher spec fuel but this will clean the whole fuel system, including DPF.

worth a try...

5 hours ago, pearce_jj said:

The best approach to cleaning them up is to scrap it and buy something not powered by the devils blood.

is that the wine they advertise on some of the murder series on tv...something de diablo...

:tongueout:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXnaxVKXolAz0kvRdth

Now Now, that will be Spanish stuff (don't normally buy stuff from countries that are at war - well maybe it has not started yet), you should stick to BBC4 - well maybe not during the day!  Anyway, now that you are back from holidaying - how is the draining battery issue resolution coming along?

35 minutes ago, rum4mo said:

Now Now, that will be Spanish stuff (don't normally buy stuff from countries that are at war - well maybe it has not started yet), you should stick to BBC4 - well maybe not during the day!  Anyway, now that you are back from holidaying - how is the draining battery issue resolution coming along?

the fan is behaving itself as i now keep the car in the garage overnight

although

after putting it in after heavy rain...during the night i heard the fan going...so i disconnected the batter

next morning i reconnected the battery and the fan started going...

i dropped the hood with the usual bang and the fan stopped...:sweat:

its been ok since

i did ask the service manager in a skoda service garage which is also a peugeot main dealer

i told him the whole story and he put his head in his hands and said...water can get in everywhere

they offered me a diagnostic check for £90 then would comment on what could be done and the cost

what floored him was the fact the fan comes on by itself on a cold engine....

more to follow i am sure...all in good time

cheers and thanks for asking

geof

I might have got the country of origin of that wine wrong, I seem to have had a glass of their white "version" with my meal and it is from Chile!  (not initially our wine by oldest daughter swopped our current white wine for one a friend of her's brought)

This slamming the bonnet having an effect could be useful info, from that I'd be guessing the fan control module that is hard mounted to a "chassis leg" could be due a "look - see" if not that then maybe check wiring.

• Thanks 1

"The best approach to cleaning them up is to scrap it and buy something not powered by the devils blood".

Nothing wrong with a bit of devil's blood... No good:angel: without evil!:devil:

"I like my Diesels dirty"!!

Like your women? The dirtier they are, the more you like to fiddle around underneath their bodywork!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JGrindel said:

@mrcrow How did you get on with adjusting the CC with the indicator stalk?? Sorry to hear about your fan issues... sounds very strange!! 

thanks

i have been using the CC stalk as advised...its easier doing the up and down procedure given time

if there is a real change in speed i just brake...and go back to the last setting

its a good system

havent used it recently as i havent been out of the county...most roads i have travelled have a bit of traffic

cheers

geof

22 hours ago, rum4mo said:

I might have got the country of origin of that wine wrong, I seem to have had a glass of their white "version" with my meal and it is from Chile!  (not initially our wine by oldest daughter swopped our current white wine for one a friend of her's brought)

This slamming the bonnet having an effect could be useful info, from that I'd be guessing the fan control module that is hard mounted to a "chassis leg" could be due a "look - see" if not that then maybe check wiring.

i will be having a look see...personally

i wont put the car into a service centre till i get it on a ramp and look myself

i think my local tyre chap will let me do that for a fee...returnable when i buy my next tyres from him..B)

i can then see the wiring and if the connectors to those two bits of equipment

the fan module on the inside wing and the sensor on the radiator

in the meantime i have sprayed them and the wiring harnesses with WD40...i am getting desperate...:biggrin:

all this doesnt really bother me...this is the best car i have had

it sounds like my old velocette 350 motorbyke and an F1 racer with the turbo on...cc and great mileage not too mention virtually no road tax...

since i got the skoda...and this is no joke...i have noticed loads of them around the area...the local police use them and the ambulance doctors..

cheers

20160514_110547.thumb.jpg.d3d7bc8e9acdd0060370eb1543e6c848.jpg.80f6b28d9f5fddf4eecdfab0cc4e3aa1.jpg

Geof

Edited by mrcrow

15 hours ago, mrcrow said:

i will be having a look see...personally

i wont put the car into a service centre till i get it on a ramp and look myself

i think my local tyre chap will let me do that for a fee...returnable when i buy my next tyres from him..B)

i can then see the wiring and if the connectors to those two bits of equipment

the fan module on the inside wing and the sensor on the radiator

in the meantime i have sprayed them and the wiring harnesses with WD40...i am getting desperate...:biggrin:

all this doesnt really bother me...this is the best car i have had

it sounds like my old velocette 350 motorbyke and an F1 racer with the turbo on...cc and great mileage not too mention virtually no road tax...

since i got the skoda...and this is no joke...i have noticed loads of them around the area...the local police use them and the ambulance doctors..

cheers

20160514_110547.thumb.jpg.d3d7bc8e9acdd0060370eb1543e6c848.jpg.80f6b28d9f5fddf4eecdfab0cc4e3aa1.jpg

Geof

Fingers crossed it helps!! Little electrical gremlins are a pain in the butt! I also have started noticing tons of skodas around including our police using 4x4 yetis and the ambulance rapid response use octavias etc! 

15 hours ago, mrcrow said:

...since i got the skoda...and this is no joke...i have noticed loads of them around the area...the local police use them and the ambulance doctors..

...And Coastguard.  When there, we seem to see more 'official' Yetis in Cornwall than private! 

...Its the ol' "I got one and now I see them everywhere" Scenario!

Buy ANY car and you will suddenly start to see them all over the place, even if you only actually fancy buying one it'll happen, to a certain degree.

Obviously not so much if you buy a Bugatti Veyron!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mrgf said:

...Its the ol' "I got one and now I see them everywhere" Scenario!

Buy ANY car and you will suddenly start to see them all over the place, even if you only actually fancy buying one it'll happen, to a certain degree.

Obviously not so much if you buy a Bugatti Veyron!

you got that one right...our local trucking company...conway bailey...we see his lorries everywhere we go...on all motorways

even the channel tunnel approaches in kent

but

i cant say how many asda lorries i have seen...our local supermarket....:sweat:

cheers

geof