Dash-cam installed - airbag warning light now on

Hi folks,

I installed a dash cam in my 2017 Spaceback today. I followed advice in a thread in the Fabia forum, which worked very well and the dash cam is now installed, hard-wired and working perfectly. However the airbag warning light is now on. I turn the key in the ignition, get a beep, followed by a warning message and the orange warning light is illuminated. I suspect it must be my installation. The airbag fuse is next to the one I have piggy-backed for the dash cam install. I thought I might have knocked it during the install. So I have checked it and replaced it, but the problem still persists. I wonder if I have damaged the air bag or a sensor whilst running the dash cam cable up the pillar up the side of the windscreen?

Has anybody else experienced this? Any thoughts about fixes? Or do I have to go and confess at the Skoda garage and get them to look at it?

Thanks

matt

9 hours ago, trundlenut said:

An airbag fault and light won't clear on its own. You need vcds or similar to check what the problem is and then clear it. 

Yeah, I thought so. I intend to pop into the dealers tomorrow and see if they can have a quick look.

thanks mate

1 minute ago, mattshaw said:

Yeah, I thought so. I intend to pop into the dealers tomorrow and see if they can have a quick look.

thanks mate

Be prepared to pay at least 0.5 hours of time for them to tell you what's wrong and at least that again to fix it. I would say at least £80.

• Like 1

Either a coincidence or the cable running up the A-pillar was damaged during installation.

As trundlenut writes vcds or similar will determine what the issue is. 

• Like 1

Update - Turns out it was a coincidence.

The dealer has traced the fault to a loose connection, they need to replace a block switch. I'm not sure what that is, but it will get sorted next week.