Problem in response when suddenly press the gas pedal

Hi every one i have felicia 97 carburetor i have problem that i cant identified when i press the gas pedal to end suddenly then i feel that no response for 10 seconds or less bit but after that it begins to be normally also the car start smoothly no problem and rpm on idle is stable no smokes from exaust new spark plug and checked the timing

Edited by captain_crunch

Most often the cause is a bad accelerator pump diaphragm. Check its condition and all accelerator pump related parts.

AlBJTVi.jpg

• Like 1

captain_crunch, what country are you from?

Tell me about the history of the problem. Nobody seem to understand how important is to tell us how the problem started, if there is any probable cause based on some prior event, and what has been checked so far.

For now let's see how the accelerator pump works.

There are two phases: suction and pumping. In the suction phase, when the throttle valve pivots in the idle position, the diaphragm is pushed outwards by the spring and the inlet valve opens. The fuel flows into the pump chamber.

ZwalpZ3.jpg

During acceleration, the pump lever is actuated by the cam on the throttle valve shaft and pressure is exerted on the diaphragm. The inlet valve closes, and the pressure relief valve opens the way to the spray nozzle.

B1OQvMI.jpg

Now, you said there are no leaks. It's not clear what you meant. There are no outside leaks? Or the diaphragm is not punctured? Either way, I would replace it with a new one.

As I've said in my previous post, having the illustrations above as a guide, you need to check all accelerator pump related parts that stop spraying the fuel into the inlet manifold.

I am from jordan i have the car since 1997 also this case begin from one year ago but didnt take it seriously because i use in crowded places but last days i have work in midnight and the roads become empty so form time to time try hard accleartion  i feel delay in respond of car for a while

4 hours ago, captain_crunch said:

what does enricment time valve do in the carb mechanism

It provides extra fuel on heavy loads, for instance at high speed. You can try changing it too, if you like. It is most definitely crusty after 20 years.

A really good solution is to overhaul the carburetor by removing it from the car, dismantling it totally, assessing the status of every part, and cleaning all parts and fuel/air passages.

Another possible cause in having a delay in the response of the car is the slow opening of the secondary stage of the carburetor. The secondary throttle plate is vacuum operated at first. A punctured secondary stage diaphragm, a restricted vacuum channel to it or simply dirt and gums accumulated on the bearings of the secondary throttle plate will cause the symptom described by you. From your description it is clear the secondary stage of the carburetor didn't work too much in crowded places. After thoroughly cleaning the carburetor, give the engine place to breathe by making once in a while longer trips with high speeds and good accelerations

3 hours ago, RicardoM said:

It provides extra fuel on heavy loads, for instance at high speed. You can try changing it too, if you like. It is most definitely crusty after 20 years.

A really good solution is to overhaul the carburetor by removing it from the car, dismantling it totally, assessing the status of every part, and cleaning all parts and fuel/air passages.

Another possible cause in having a delay in the response of the car is the slow opening of the secondary stage of the carburetor. The secondary throttle plate is vacuum operated at first. A punctured secondary stage diaphragm, a restricted vacuum channel to it or simply dirt and gums accumulated on the bearings of the secondary throttle plate will cause the symptom described by you. From your description it is clear the secondary stage of the carburetor didn't work too much in crowded places. After thoroughly cleaning the carburetor, give the engine place to breathe by making once in a while longer trips with high speeds and good accelerations

ok man thx very much for your information but i was worry  80% i will not find the original parts as the diaphragm and enrichment time valve does chineese or other brands work well or it will make problems

Everything is made in China. If you look closely on Egyptian pyramids, you'll see written in small letters 'made in China'.

• Like 2

captain_crunch

Completely open and close uniformly the throttle plate 10 times (approx. 1 s per stroke). Wait between
strokes approx. 3 seconds. Collect the fuel in a glass. Suck all collected fuel with a 5 ml or 10 ml syringe. The correct amount of fuel should be 3.26 ± 0.78 ml (approx. 2.5 - 4 ml). That's all.

On 6/30/2017 at 19:50, captain_crunch said:

iam confused about how much measurment per stroke in as the video say 1.35 ml per stroke but another refernse say it 0.326 ± 0.078

No confusion at all if you read carefully the title of the video...

Pierburg 2E3 Carb Rebuild & Adjustments for VW T25 / T3

Bigger engine = more fuel per stroke.

• Like 1