Foot Rest Slippy

ChipUK

Guest FurryFriend

No me neither,  but we know of a couple to avoid  where the fuelling area is pretty filthy, and the staff are too lazy or proud to clean it.

Edited by FurryFriend

lol, surely they must be Independent / Franchised establishments and not the Multi National Supermarket Branded stations with Multi Fuel pumps like those you previously mentioned.

Luckily frugal 1.2 TSI's not doing many miles  do not need fueling very often.

15 hours ago, VAGCF said:

Absolutely old chap.

I have little trouble with the two fuel supplying establishments I regularly use on the outskirts of Warwick! :)

My point exactly. Warwick - even the name just reeks of class. And I have no doubt the refueling facilities reflect the genteel, respectable people that live there.

Like wot you is.

4 hours ago, Paul52 said:

My point exactly. Warwick - even the name just reeks of class. And I have no doubt the refueling facilities reflect the genteel, respectable people that live there.

Like wot you is.

:)  Seriously, the two service stations I usually use (BP and Shell) are used carefully and kept clean. Rarely any spillages and the diesel pump handles aren't covered in diesel. I usually use the provided gloves anyway (which some garages don't have) to keep the smell off my hands.

I rarely use supermarket pumps (not being a snob!) but they do tend to be messier due to some of their clientele. 

Guest FurryFriend

Avoid the one on the A1 just outside Alnwick.  Apart from almost busting your suspension on the way in and out, the desperate state of the ground around the whole site is always honking with the stench of diesel.