towbar removal - how to reset VCDS

noileum

My parents have had their towbar removed by a local (cowboy) garage who haven't done anything with the coding and now they have no parking sensors and have a bulb out warning light constantly. 

While I want to take it back to the garage to sort, they're 3+ hours away from where I live and I'm not driving down there just to have an argument when I can hopefully recode it myself when they come down to ours later in the week.

I've had a look on my Yeti (which has a towbar fitted and the coding all working ok) and I can find the section regarding the parking assist and towbar functions - but I'm not sure what to reset the codes to in order for the car to operate as it did prior to having a towbar. 

If anyone has any info as to what I need to enter so as to get their parking sensors working again that would be much appreciated (and might just save me having my cars reversed into in my driveway when they come down :D )

where it says Update the Parking Aid (J446 / #76) OR Parking Aid 2 (J446 / #10) Configuration, if installed - what would I reverse?  I have parking aid listed in my VCDS - but it's got a 6 digit code against it

Have you checked the fuses?  When I had mine fitted the fitter blew a fuse which covered the interior lights and fog light, which threw a bulb-out warning.

Looking at the autoscan, I would firstly remove "69 Trailer" from the installation list (it'll be in "19 CAN Gateway")

Clear all the fault codes and if any trailer ones come up, that'll give an indication of where trailer coding needs removing.

It's probably worth checking "10 Park/Steer Assist" too, go through all 3 bytes of lcode to see if any mention the trailer. If not, check the adaptions for something trailer related.