165 mm 6.5 speakers

Not strictly for. Skoda but for a honda del sol 

I have 165mm 6.5" speakers all round and looking for an upgrade been away from aftermarket speakers for so long now I don't know what's decent and what is over priced rubbish or what is plain rubbish 

Budget wise about £50 per pair

I found some 170mm that came with adapter plate buy don't know if that means they will still fit 

Thank you in advance 

lots of questions here, is this factory or aftermarket head unit ? what's your current speaker set up component or coaxle are you wanting change the current set up.

£50 per pair doesn't leave much to work on, is this in total or just for speakers not including  wiring harness and speaker adaptors (should you need them) are you wanting to add sound proofing (dynamat) personally I would.

are you wanting to run an amp on the speakers? what sound are you wanting (bass heavy, equal etc.)

speaker wise:

Kenwood Kfc-P709Ps

Alpine SPS-610C

Infinity Reference 6032cf

with anything, especially speakers, you get what you pay for

• Like 1

Sorry 

It's a pioneer aftermarket radio 

Big STD speakers fitted at the minute 

Wiring already there and can make adaptor rings to convert from 3 to 4 hole myself out of MDF 

Just want something with a bit of punch to it for the rears (directly behind the seats ) 

With a good midrange for fronts 

£50 per pair btw 

And thanks for the response 

tbh i'd do away with the rears and get a decent set for the front.

You need to remember using the 10w per channel your headunit has isnt going to give a great sound as 99% of aftermarket kit is not as efficent as your oem speakers, which iirc are pioneer.

If you dont want to go for an amp i'd suggest spending the £100 on a decent and efficent set of components but also look for a wave diffuser. You fit this to the outerskin of the door directly behind the mid and it helps with the back waves being scattered around the door cavity and helps to enhance the midbass.

Sealing the door will also help. Most cars have holes in the door skin for bolts etc which are left open. Sealing these up with a bit of deadening will help (dont seal up the drain holes though lol)

The del sol does lend its self very well to a nice simple setup as you can fit small subs in the bins behind the rear seats if you want

• Like 1