mk3 vrs diesels

so my first question didnt really go to plan and kno1 replied so.. to the mk3 diesel foke what have you done to your cars on performance hopfully ill get a reply haha cheers 

You can take 2 routes:-

1. Tuning box that you can physically add to the engine. It plugs into the fuel rail & boost pressure sensor (and the new ones plug into the camshaft timing sensor). This spoofs the ECU into adding more fuel & boost, which increases the power & torque. Easily fitted & removed by the owner.

2. Remap that is flashed into the ECU with new parameters. Increases the power & torque. Some remaps are generic to the VAG range of engines and can be bought with a hand held unit for DIY installation. Some are bespoke, where the car is set up on a rolling road & the parameters are tweaked to suit your car.

Anything else will have minimal gains on the Mk3 vRS TDI, in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon TDI said:

You can take 2 routes:-

1. Tuning box that you can physically add to the engine. It plugs into the fuel rail & boost pressure sensor (and the new ones plug into the camshaft timing sensor). This spoofs the ECU into adding more fuel & boost, which increases the power & torque. Easily fitted & removed by the owner.

2. Remap that is flashed into the ECU with new parameters. Increases the power & torque. Some remaps are generic to the VAG range of engines and can be bought with a hand held unit for DIY installation. Some are bespoke, where the car is set up on a rolling road & the parameters are tweaked to suit your car.

Anything else will have minimal gains on the Mk3 vRS TDI, in my opinion.

Hey first of all cheers for replyin.. and i have remapped my vrs with the eco blue chip so im on 220bhp 450tq... so would having the tuning box make much difference  and which one would you recommend youself? the other thing ive done is put quad pipes on to it also sketch-1498346628036.thumb.png.8e120eb39bd3401e8540269889547093.png

• 3 months later...
On 26/06/2017 at 16:15, kwatson045 said:

Hey first of all cheers for replyin.. and i have remapped my vrs with the eco blue chip so im on 220bhp 450tq... so would having the tuning box make much difference  and which one would you recommend youself? the other thing ive done is put quad pipes on to it also imageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950dasketch-1498346628036.thumb.png.8e120eb39bd3401e8540269889547093.png

If you don’t mind me asking how much did the exhaust cost? Looks good