Aspman

2 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Any chance you could date Mrs G for about 4 months, end of September until the end of january, I'll be coming as well but I'll be very quiet, you want hear me.

I have quite deep foundation with a lockable door bit like a cellar. I could keep here there let her stay there for a small fee.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CWARD said:

If it's going to be something more serious you'll work it out to be together more often.

Yeah that's what I think with my current search. 

Bit of a roller-coaster ride with someone I really like, and a bit head ****ed over them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Let heart rule head, G man. I did, some 47 years ago, and never regretted it. Fortunately ,she;s still here to nag me. But that's part of married life.

I know how memories might seem to say that you're forgetting her. But mine, like a lot of others would say " I'd approve your choice", GO get happy again, Find a partner to make your life worthwhile.

On one topic- one of my son's met his partner on line and thevy 've been married almost ten years .Youngest son has problems meeting a lass who's got ideas of marriage ,before bed.

BUT- up north - we used to find GF/ mates at local dance /social evening. That is where I met mrs VWD.

Edited by VWD

I followed your heart breaking thread 18 months ago and all I have to say is good on you,

Glad to see your moving on,

We were talking at work other week and I felt odd having met my g/f the old traditional way and two other had done it through internet dating

• Like 2

On 23/08/2017 at 21:40, Volvomeg said:

I followed your heart breaking thread 18 months ago and all I have to say is good on you,

Glad to see your moving on,

We were talking at work other week and I felt odd having met my g/f the old traditional way and two other had done it through internet dating

What Volvomeg said, good to hear! 

Nice to see I'm not the only one to meet mine the traditional way. At a dance . I was doing a favour for a mate. He fancied her friend and we made up a foursome. Start of our life as a couple 48 years ago. We spent the first year only meeting now and again, with Swimbo taking what work she could get locally to be close. In the end we said sod it ( as possibly Aspman might want to do ) as the distance was a bit much ( "WE WANT TO BE TOGETHER"), and now after 47 anniversaries, we're closer than ever.

Best of luck, mate- hope it works out.

In fairness I couldn't really see any other way of doing it.

My mate has just gone back on Match.com (he's mid 50s been divorced more than 10yr),  he's currently getting propositioned by women in their 70s.

I'm going down to Edinburgh again at the weekend so still going ok.

• Like 4

On 8/28/2017 at 07:36, Dr Zoidberg said:

To be fair, it's not *that* much of a surprise that you didn't meet through the internet in the late 60s :)

It's old tried and trusted .

On 8/28/2017 at 21:18, Aspman said:

In fairness I couldn't really see any other way of doing it.

My mate has just gone back on Match.com (he's mid 50s been divorced more than 10yr),  he's currently getting propositioned by women in their 70s.

I'm going down to Edinburgh again at the weekend so still going ok.

Best of luck Aspman, but beware- an Aberdonian and a Fifer- mates made in hell or heaven. :tongueout:

On 01/09/2017 at 23:26, VWD said:

Best of luck Aspman, but beware- an Aberdonian and a Fifer- mates made in hell or heaven. :tongueout:

I think I'm safe, she's from Sheffield.

AH- a Yorkshire lass, albeit a Southerner. I met a lass from what was called the North Riding, many years ago ( 48) , and next anniversary will be 47. Mind you , her family roots are based in fishing villages around Arbroath, whilst mine are on the same coast ,but further north. But then again. Yorkshire folk are Aberdonians ( so we say on the West coast) , that have lost their natural sense of generosity:biggrin:.

Best of luck- hope it goes well

Edited by VWD
  • Like 1