Aspman

I'm just doing this to clear my head :biggrin:

My wife passed away about 18 months ago and I've been readjusting since then. 

Got to a point where I was thinking "I'm 40 not 70 so crack-on with life".

So I've started that internet dating malarkey. It's a bit of a swizz really. If you pay you can try to chat to women but if they've not paid they can't talk back. And 90% of people on the sites haven't paid.

But I did start chatting with someone and I've got a date next Sunday :blink:

First one in 17 years (first one sober in about 20). I am indeed bricking it and trying not to act like I'm 15 again.

I've not told anyone I'm even dong this. I'm not bothered about being involved in internet dating but I'd rather not have a constant stream of enquiries from well meaning family and friends. So I'm telling you lot to get it out my system.

• Like 4

Good on you!

Nobody can replace your wife, but that does not mean you cannot move on with the next chapter in your life and find someone to share it with. I'd be suprised if any members of your family would have a problem, I think 18 months is more than enough time to try and adjust after such a life changing event.

Internet dating can be... interesting! I met my girlfriend online before online dating became the norm, her parents still don't know we met online!

Best of luck to you...atleast tell one person what you're doing, you never know who you're meeting lol! :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ally_bassman said:

Good on you!

Nobody can replace your wife, but that does not mean you cannot move on with the next chapter in your life and find someone to share it with. I'd be suprised if any members of your family would have a problem, I think 18 months is more than enough time to try and adjust after such a life changing event.

Internet dating can be... interesting! I met my girlfriend online before online dating became the norm, her parents still don't know we met online!

Best of luck to you...at least tell one person what you're doing, you never know who you're meeting lol! :D

I don't think anyone would have a problem in fact my MIL is one who has been telling me to 'get out there' the most. It's quite hard to 'get out there' when everyone you know is married with kids and 'out' is a pretty rare event.

We're meeting for lunch so I think I'll be safe this time

Hope the date goes well, just relax and enjoy it. Unless it's a bunny boiler then wait until she goes to the toilet, leave your money on the table and RUN. 

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Hope the date goes well, just relax and enjoy it. Unless it's a bunny boiler then wait until she goes to the toilet, leave your money on the table and RUN. 

Why not go to the toilet yourself, don't come back and the bunny boiler can pay.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Why not go to the toilet yourself, don't come back and the bunny boiler can pay.

I'm sure he's a gentleman besides unless he can fit through the toilet window he is then trapped!! 

So my dreams of sashaying into the sunset are now replaced by night terrors about being suplexed in the street.

Thanks lads, really, thanks :sweat:

Since it's you I'll have the full treatment before our date. Legs and pits shaved, crack & sack waxed, I'm keeping the beard though that way you'll be able to spot me easily amongst all the other sexy ladies in dresses. If I start talking about how many kids we'll have and our wedding day before we've ordered starters just ignore me, my mind races away at times.

See you Sunday, sweet dreams :heart: 

1 hour ago, Aspman said:

So my dreams of sashaying into the sunset are now replaced by night terrors about being suplexed in the street.

Thanks lads, really, thanks :sweat:

I wouldn't worry too much - unless the hanky she offers you smells funny. Try and glance in her bag if you can, if you see gaffa tape, then she's either A) going to kidnap you or B ) into something a bit kinky (or maybe both??) :D:D

(Seriously though - good luck, hope it all goes well for you.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CWARD said:

Since it's you I'll have the full treatment before our date. Legs and pits shaved, crack & sack waxed, I'm keeping the beard though that way you'll be able to spot me easily amongst all the other sexy ladies in dresses. If I start talking about how many kids we'll have and our wedding day before we've ordered starters just ignore me, my mind races away at times.

See you Sunday, sweet dreams :heart: 

Looking forward to it, nice to know you're making an effort.

• Like 1

A few years ago a friend of mine was internet dating a Russian girl, (Living in Russia ) they were chatting on line for weeks and eventually he decided they would meet up. He sent her £3K to fly over with the promise of a long term relationship. He was deeply in love and she told him the same.

He set off to the airport to meet her and as far as I know he's still there waiting......................

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wino said:

Did you use "Frustrated mad scientist" in your dating profile?

My son in law of 10 years, met my daughter on the tinternet. Your description above describes him very well, what's even more worrying he works indirectly for the MOD.

He's a good lad though, they have three kids now.

Edited by MickA

5 hours ago, Wino said:

Did you use "Frustrated mad scientist" in your dating profile?

Maybe I should.

Some chicks might dig that

mad-scientist.jpg