terrible horn - and hello!

Hi just picked up a monte carlo MkII in exchange for a citigo, so I have moved room at briskoda.

Hi!

2 questions;

The horn is pathetic, any recommendations for something far louder? Mine gets a lot of use..

The remote only unlocks the drivers side, then the passenger/rears on a second press. Can this easily be amended to open all at once?

Fit another louder one would be the suggestion i would think.

Have you been out of the car and had somebody sound the horn so that you know what it sounds like?

?

Why does your horn get lots of use, do people not see you or is your car used as a Taxi.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, stooz said:

The remote only unlocks the drivers side, then the passenger/rears on a second press. Can this easily be amended to open all at once?

Yes. Anyone with VCDS can fix that in a few minutes, I believe. 

9 minutes ago, Wino said:

Yes. Anyone with VCDS can fix that in a few minutes, I believe. 

Either that or the Carista app will let you change it to a single press unlock all doors but you will need a dongle for the OBD port as well.

On 6/26/2017 at 15:28, stooz said:

Hi just picked up a monte carlo MkII in exchange for a citigo, so I have moved room at briskoda.

Hi!

2 questions;

The horn is pathetic, any recommendations for something far louder? Mine gets a lot of use..

I soo agree with you about the horn!! It sounds high pitch. I was thinking to change it as it's right next to the left DRL/fog housing

Think I have used my horn three times in as many years.

...and one of those was just to see if it worked.

Edited by Gerrycan

I have a note on my desk "number of days since i last used my horn; 0" Its very accurate. Mostly as I have to navigate a high school to get into the office car park, and the parental driving standard is none existent. They literally park on a T junction. not approaching, not by the side. on the actual 'T'. lets not even mention the zigzag's

I try them to see if they work before a MOT, that is it.

Does anybody give a monkeys if you toot toot a horn at them, all i ever see is people nearly having accidents trying to see where the noise is coming from because a horn sounded confuses them as they were not aware they were doing anything wrong in the first place.

As to someone tooting at me because i am crossing a road or junction on foot or bike they then have to just wait as tooting a horn does not give right of way to them.

Edited by Awayoffski

The horn is a bit of a toot toot clown horn!! Carista app and wifi dongle is a must I think! I have used it to diagnose my own fault codes and change a few of the customisation features like unlock all doors, needle sweep, unlock/lock beep etc! Plus I have also diagnosed faults on friends cars and my dads. Personally a well invested piece of kit. Just got a cheap wifi obd2 scanner of amazon for £10 i think.