Vrs tdi noise/rattle/buzz @ 2100rpm

My vrs is making a bad buzz, rattle sound at about 2100rpm in all gears, worse under load. Can't quite pinpoint where it's coming from ( middle of dash maybe) but sound fills the cabin. Engine is a vrs tdi, 3 months and 3k miles old. Anyone had similar problems?? 

I'm having a similar issue with my TSI, still haven't worked out where it's coming from though. Sounds like it's within the dashboard, but was more noticeable in Sport mode so could possibly be the Sound Aktor (actuator). Need to get it booked in with the dealer.

8 hours ago, toni8b said:

Or it could be dashboard ventilation rattle. I had this buzz on mine (instead of fuel lines)

Did you manage to fix it ? 

I did accidentally, (or at least I think so because the rattle stopped and hasnt returned for several months).

I pushed a small piece of rubber (from tire tube) just above the passenger air bag and hazard lights button and below console.

Try moving this whole part with your fingers to see if it makes any noise.

Edited by toni8b

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/06/2017 at 14:02, ahenners said:

I'm having a similar issue with my TSI, still haven't worked out where it's coming from though. Sounds like it's within the dashboard, but was more noticeable in Sport mode so could possibly be the Sound Aktor (actuator). Need to get it booked in with the dealer.

Had my rattle fixed by my dealer whilst the car was in for a service on Friday. Rattle was coming from the fuel lines. Dealer didn't say what they did specifically to sort but just glad it's sorted as it was bugging the hell out of me!