Fabia VRS remap

Hi everyone, new to the forum so go easy on me:D. I've got a 55 plate Fabia VRS and thinking about a remap but slightly wary as to who to go with. I have seen only good things about star performance over in Fife but just looking to see whether anyone on here has had any dealing with them? Just looking to find out some general info like how good they are, how reliable the maps are as well as what sort of money I would be paying. Thanks in advance

Try asking Star remaps in Fife, get a torque-limited map or you'll be trudging back out to buy a new clutch and flywheel.

The PD130 is now more than 15 years old, tuning information is public domain, it would have to take a special type of retard to do a bad remap these days.

• Like 1

Yeah that was more my concern, about adverse wear to parts. I'm a mechanic by trade so have seen and heard many horrors from bad or unreliable work, especially when it is to do with ECUs:D. I suppose I would have to speak to them and gauge ballpark figures for torque and bhp. I'm new to the whole mapping thing but I would imagine the clutch and flywheel would handle about 280 ft lbs without too much bother but not sure about after that. I have to say I have heard varying reports about how much bhp the standard turbo can handle before blowing up but using the good old method of educated guessing I wouldn't want to go higher than 160-170. Please tell me if I'm way off here as I'm still new to the modding stuff:sadsmile::D

Boost spikes are what kills the turbo, it overspeeds and will disintegrate, standard clutch and flywheel don't like 300 ftlb so you're pretty much on the money at 280 ftlb and 165 BHP, that should be both reliable and economical.

• Like 1

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/432182-recommendations-for-remaps-scotland 

Are you a mechanic in Fife or are you at the Edinburgh side since you say over in Fife?

Star Performance's reputation is deserved due to the work that they have done over years.

http://autohausedinburgh.co.uk 

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

Our last vRS was re-mapped from Star performance from day one. 172bhp/300lb/ft. Sold it at 95k, original turbo, clutch and flywheel and still running perfect. Mate has got it now and loves it. They handle it no problem unless you constantly boot it below 2000 rpm. Falkland Performance in Glenrothes are good too. They could do you Revo stage 1 software upgrade. Usually a fair bit cheaper than Star too. Keep us posted how you get on.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2017 at 08:11, Awayoffski said:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/432182-recommendations-for-remaps-scotland 

Are you a mechanic in Fife or are you at the Edinburgh side since you say over in Fife?

Star Performance's reputation is deserved due to the work that they have done over years.

http://autohausedinburgh.co.uk 

I'm over in Glasgow, actually a Volvo man by trade:sleepy::D. Thanks for the other input and feeback as well guys!! Unfortunately over the last week my Mrs has blew up the washing machine and although I argued the fabia is much more fun and I like it better she has insisted we need a washing machine so need to wait til next month I think:D

• Like 1