Couple of questions

A couple of questions...

I noticed water leaking from the bottom of my car today. And it was so much that is was creating medium sized puddles under my car. Pics and video attached. After driving home it has stopped, might be worth mentioning I was stationary with the engine running at the time. I have confirmed it is just water and all I have done to the car was last night fill up my washer tank.. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210566342489647&id=1078880505

Also, is anyone else's bonnet getting battered with stone chips? I notice a new one at least once a month!

20170628_180829.jpg

Edited by DDixon

2 minutes ago, DDixon said:

The air conditioning was on! I didnt realise it drained that much then?

I'm not saying it is.  But have been caught out like this on other cars. If it's just water then that would be my bet. Others will be able to confirm. Is the water cold?

Edited by Richies83

14 minutes ago, Richies83 said:

I'm not saying it is.  But have been caught out like this on other cars. If it's just water then that would be my bet. Others will be able to confirm. Is the water cold?

The water was warm

Could just be air con condensation. Your car is wetting the bed :D

Stone chips -- it's not quite the chip target the Citigo could be because the bonnet isn't so forward facing. Unfortunately a lot of modern roads seem to be strewn with mud and stones and the rest. Everything that's doinked mine has been flung off oncoming traffic -- and that can land anywhere and there's not much you can do about it. Just remember to inspect regularly and touch them up to help prevent corrosion.

Edited by ettlz

Had a similar problem a few days ago after finding a puddle of fluid on the ground at the front of the car about where the under engine panel meets up with the front bumper mind it had been a very hot day. All other fluids seemed to be at normal levels and no warning lights have come on. Joe

20 hours ago, JoePeddos said:

Had a similar problem a few days ago after finding a puddle of fluid on the ground at the front of the car about where the under engine panel meets up with the front bumper mind it had been a very hot day. All other fluids seemed to be at normal levels and no warning lights have come on. Joe

It's not a problem. Any aircon system will need to dump condensate from time to time. Thos systems in cars are no different.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, alltorque said:

It's not a problem. Any aircon system will need to dump condensate from time to time. Thos systems in cars are no different.

+1

Also it can be quite a lot, depending on humidity and outside temperature.

On the chips, keep distance, especially to trucks. If they don't throw stones from the road surface they will from the bed.

Edited by pfaff