First skoda issues

Hey just bought my first fabia vrs mk1 having a few issues with it as follows

heaters don't blow hot think it might be a sticky thermostat as it occasionally gets a burst of hot air for a moment.

looking to possibly do an egr delete and elephant mod as the car has a map on it and I don't want any issues with it 

rust!!! Anything I can do to stop it getting worse? I know the golfs had the daft foam anything like that with fabias?

gear knob, are they replaceable? The covering is coming off mine and it's annoying af. 

Handbrake it seems rubbish and was an advisory on the mot despite brakes being done in the same week anything I can do there? 

I want to put cruise control in it and have previously done it in mk5 and mk6 golf gtis is it the same process? 

Got a knock when going over bumps any common bushes for replacing? 

Understeer anything i can can do to combat it? Rear arb geometry adjustment on oem parts already got better tyres coming 

xenon headlights were they an option part from factory? Or are they retrofit 

thanks in advance 

Mickie

Heater flap motor getting stuck is very common, I seriously doubt it's the thermostat.

EGR delete not worth doing if you're doing the elephant mod since the EGR will stay clean with it done.

Tinworm is problematic once it's started.

Buy a new gearknob off the bay and replace it.

Handbrake is down to you to inspect and clean the cables and mechanism on the back of the calipers, failing that new rear calipers.

Knocking over bumps is likely to be the ARB drop links.

You need a RARB and solid console bushes to cure the brutal understeer.

Xenons were a factory option but very rare, you can get kits but most kits are crap since Xenon heat tends to melt reflectors. Just fit brighter bulbs, Osram or Phillips are popular.

13 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Heater flap motor getting stuck is very common, I seriously doubt it's the thermostat.

EGR delete not worth doing if you're doing the elephant mod since the EGR will stay clean with it done.

Tinworm is problematic once it's started.

Buy a new gearknob off the bay and replace it.

Handbrake is down to you to inspect and clean the cables and mechanism on the back of the calipers, failing that new rear calipers.

Knocking over bumps is likely to be the ARB drop links.

You need a RARB and solid console bushes to cure the brutal understeer.

Xenons were a factory option but very rare, you can get kits but most kits are crap since Xenon heat tends to melt reflectors. Just fit brighter bulbs, Osram or Phillips are popular.

Perfect thanks il have a look into these the heater flap I assume is cable controlled? And hidden behind the dash.

rarb where sells these? 

solid console bushes? Axle? 

2 hours ago, Mooser said:

Perfect thanks il have a look into these the heater flap I assume is cable controlled? And hidden behind the dash.

rarb where sells these? 

solid console bushes? Axle? 

"Heater flap motor getting stuck is very common"

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/whiteline/whiteline-rear-arb-fabia-polo-ibiza-a2-arosa-lupo-bwr19z/

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-car/audi/a2/oem-cupra-tdi-front-wishbone-rear-bushes-pair/

These links are for your ease and convenience, would you like me to buy and fit the stuff for you while you sleep?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

"Heater flap motor getting stuck is very common"

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/whiteline/whiteline-rear-arb-fabia-polo-ibiza-a2-arosa-lupo-bwr19z/

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-car/audi/a2/oem-cupra-tdi-front-wishbone-rear-bushes-pair/

These links are for your ease and convenience, would you like me to buy and fit the stuff for you while you sleep?

Thanks much appreciated I'm fine with fitting il get them ordered up and il look into the heater flap 

• 1 month later...

With the cruise it can be retrofitted, and in the main its is straight forward, but running the white wire can be a pain, unless you are a contortionist and have the hands of a 7 year old child.  I have got my daughters almost done, just got the wiring to sort out, but being a fat git with hands like pit shovels, it is proving a bit difficult.  Once the cuts have healed I will give it a go again. :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jaspire said:

With the cruise it can be retrofitted, and in the main its is straight forward, but running the white wire can be a pain, unless you are a contortionist and have the hands of a 7 year old child.  I have got my daughters almost done, just got the wiring to sort out, but being a fat git with hands like pit shovels, it is proving a bit difficult.  Once the cuts have healed I will give it a go again. :)

hands like pit shovels,  :D

• Haha 1