Skoda NZ

Hi I am from NZ.

Just taken a delivery of the Kodiaq STYLE Petrol Model ( TSI 132KW). In the Spec sheet they mentioned about the Sim card for the Columbus infotainment to be bundled but when it arrived, it wasn't there and now they say the spec sheet has been revised and the it was their mistake to be in on there in the first place. The sales guy also mentioned of a rear USB port but i got none of that and his excuse was that the brochure is for the European market. He is trying to brush me off like typical salesperson. He has given me 2 options that if I am not happy a. give the car back   b. tell us what we can do to make you happy. They can't order the sim card slot and just plug out and plug it in nor install another USB port for the rear as there technical too much wiring etc...

Skoda e-shop Czech rep cant ship anything apart from Czechia. 

I was wondering what to do now? Ask them for a free tow bar ? all weather mats for the interior ?

Anyone know the cost of the sim card slot ?

Yeah.. A free $2100 tow bar?! You have nothing to lose by asking though... Floor mats would be nice but make sure they get the tunnel mat as well.

Get them to order in the carstick if you want a SIM slot... We don't get Skoda Connect here anyways so I don't see the point in the connection.

• Like 1

Apparently AppSmartgate is installed but not supported. Can only use Skoda One app and not PAUL on MySkoda. 

It feels like that after my payment they don't want know me further. salespeople!!!!

Yeh I did talk to them via email and got the same answer that it was human error when they advertised the spec. The website configuration still shows the sim card as part of the bundle. I dealt with Gazley - Wlg. I had preordered back in Feb. Got it last week. Apparently Iam the first in Wlg !!

Sounds like it if you preordered in Feburary. I would've have ordered as soon as the preorders started however I pushed hard to get the 5 seaters in cause I only have a family of 3 and had no need for the 3rd row.

12 hours ago, AndyH_NZ said:

The spec sheet contains the wording ‘Skoda NZ reserves the right to alter prices and specifications without notice.’

true.. oh well.. I am keeping the car as it is.. they just keep on saying .. take your money back and hand the car over if you are entirely happy. they offered me a free puffer jacket and getting another gift from the dealer. they did waive off the ORC and a full tank of petrol.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered one a couple of months back and just been told arriving in the first week of Aug. 1.4TSI 150PS 4X2 in Lava blue . 

I thought there are a couple of USB for the 2nd row? 

• 3 weeks later...

@jerryH - yes unfortunately no USB ports for the rear :( my mate got the Mazda Cx-9 and has like 2 in the front, 2 beside him in the middle and 2 for the rear passengers on the middle seat. 

@ZacDaMan72 - as in building in the Czech rep ? I had pre-ordered mine since Feb 2017 and got delivery in 3rd week of June. I think I am the first on Wellington. Oh and I order the rubber mats and boot tray from them... got them at just above cost price ... so they are trying to keep me happy after their ****-up in the pre-sales brochure

2 hours ago, Nefertiti said:

@ZacDaMan72 - as in building in the Czech rep ? I had pre-ordered mine since Feb 2017 and got delivery in 3rd week of June. I think I am the first on Wellington. Oh and I order the rubber mats and boot tray from them... got them at just above cost price ... so they are trying to keep me happy after their ****-up in the pre-sales brochure

If you dont mind i ask how much do you pay the rubber mats and boot tray? is it also inc the aluminium partition?  

Image result for kodiaq boot tray

Product Code   565061162        Boot Tray -  NZD$260.51 - no partition - where did you see that ? on the SKODA e-shop ? this is what I am getting - http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/boot-equipment/plastic-boot-dish-565061162x/0/1/24/43/1001 

The Alu partition is a separate piece -http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/boot-equipment/alu-partition-for-the-plastic-boot-dish-565017254x/0/1/24/43/1001 

Product Code 565061163  BOOT MAT - Double Sided $NZD 92.38

Product Code 566061502 FRONT MATS- ALL Weather - NZ$77.88

Product Code 565061580 Rubber Tunnel Mat - NZ$22.20

Product Code 565061512 Rubber Mats REAR - NZ$49.94

Product Code Textile FootMats for 3rd row - NZ$51.25

not GST inclusive. 

the e-shop is way cheaper but they don't ship to NZ

This guy is an independent dealer http://skodaparts.co.nz/   imports - he is quite pricey - i

you can't find anything on the NZ store for SKODA site - http://www.skoda.co.nz/my-skoda/accessories  

UK site dealer - http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/category/Kodiaq,b.html?page=1  

4 hours ago, Nefertiti said:

I'm surprised you had to pay for them. Without any asking Ebbett offered the mats and mud flaps for free... Ended up going with Tristram Skoda cause they countered that and their customer experience with them was fantastic.

Edit: Found the quote: rubber floor mats $294.99, boot mat $279.99

1 hour ago, jerryH said:

If you dont mind i ask how much do you pay the rubber mats and boot tray? is it also inc the aluminium partition?  

Image result for kodiaq boot tray

Keep in mind that you have to order a 5 seater model to properly use this or else it'll be like having a little kiddie pool in the back... Your only proper option is the double-sided boot mat. As this is made for the 5 seater model and the 5 seaters have a 3cm shorter boot, on a 7 seater there will be some play.

565061163.jpg

Edited by ZacDaMan72

3 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

I'm surprised you had to pay for them. Without any asking Ebbett offered the mats and mud flaps for free... Ended up going with Tristram Skoda cause they countered that and their customer experience with them was fantastic.

Keep in mind that you have to order a 5 seater model to properly use this or else it'll be like having a little kiddie pool in the back... Your only proper option is the double-sided boot mat. As this is made for the 5 seater model and the 5 seaters have a 3cm shorter boot, on a 7 seater there will be some play.

@ZacDaMan72 textile mats were free. they come with the car as standard. All weather mats are not free. Gazley gave me an Icebreaker merino t-shirt as a gift and SKODA NZ gave me this -

http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/collection-kodiaq/vest-men’s-light-skoda-565084030x/0/1/24/43/1001   and  http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/teddy-bear-kodiaq-565087703bx  for my son

coz they f***d up on the specs as they were offering the sim-card slot with the columbus infotainment and now they don't The Jan spec sheet still has it. they didn't inform me. the said it was not meant for the NZ market.  if you look at the configurator, you can add it on

Packable in an attached pouch.Teddy Bear Kodiaq 40 cm height.

image.png

image.png

Just now, Nefertiti said:

@ZacDaMan72 textile mats were free. they come with the car as standard. All weather mats are not free. Gazley gave me an Icebreaker merino t-shirt as a gift and SKODA NZ gave me this -

http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/collection-kodiaq/vest-men’s-light-skoda-565084030x/0/1/24/43/1001   and  http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/teddy-bear-kodiaq-565087703bx  for my son

coz they f***d up on the specs as they were offering the sim-card slot with the columbus infotainment and now they don't The Jan spec sheet still has it. they didn't inform me. the said it was not meant for the NZ market.  if you look at the configurator, you can add it on

Yea I am aware. The rubber mats were free for me... Didn't get icebreaker stuff - I thought that was VW's thing... Apart from the accessories I got (boot mat, rubber mats, mud flaps) I also got one of the big Kodi bears and a few weeks back they sent me a 1:43 Kodiaq with the same colour and a letter saying that my car's been confirmed a build.

Can you even do anything with the WLAN function here in NZ? I paired my phone to the car via WLAN as a hotspot in my test drives and I couldn't get anything to work like Google Earth.

I'm sure they would... Just needed to push them more or threaten to just go elsewhere. On kodiaqforums.co.uk other kiwis successfully got deals especially from Farmer Autovillage. 

As far as I'm aware the Kodiaq is well worth the RRP - can't get better from other marques.

true... I wished i had pushed harder.. I did tell them off about not having the sim card slot as per the spec sheet. all they could come up with is we are sorry and if you are not happy than you could just return your car and take your money back. 

Defo Kodiaq is better priced and specced than the Japs or korean makes