Skoda NZ

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, jerryH said:

Hey, does anyone use any iPhone app from Skoda?

i installed MySKODA app, but it doesnt seem to be able to register my Kodiaq VIN in the app. 

This is what i was advised by Skoda NZ - 

It does not work for NZ market. Use the Skoda One App

Here are the links to the One-App to use the Smartgate function within Smartlink+:

https://itunes.apple.com/cz/app/%C5%A1koda-oneapp/id1123928619

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.skodaauto.oneapp

Please try the following steps to try and connect:

1.       Turn the “hot-spot” on your phone so that your phone is the data source

2.       In the Columbus infotainment system, (Menu -> Settings -> WLAN -> WLAN -> your hotspot should be visible) search for your phones WIFI to establish an internet connection for the vehicle

3.       Start the ŠKODA “One App”on your phone

35 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

7cxDDI1.jpg

Mine works perfectly fine.

i had no issues too to add via VIN no in June/July. the issue will communicating with the car via smartgate. I queried this with Skoda NZ and they told me - 

"Where I believe the confusion is, is that there are different generations of Smartgate. The first generation called Smartgate was not supported, we are now on the second generation called Smartlink+ which is. "

1 minute ago, Nefertiti said:

i had no issues too to add via VIN no in June/July. the issue will communicating with the car via smartgate. I queried this with Skoda NZ and they told me - 

"Where I believe the confusion is, is that there are different generations of Smartgate. The first generation called Smartgate was not supported, we are now on the second generation called Smartlink+ which is. "

Jerry said he was trying to add the car via VIN. Your Kodiaq (and others before the updated BW22 models) will have Smartgate but new models have Smartlink+.

Hi to all NZ Kodiaq Owners. I have a spare pair of under car seat vent covers specifically for the Kodiaq (ordered two sets, but each one actually comes with a pair - so dont need the other set). Makes the vent look alot tidier.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Seat-Air-Vent-Cover-For-2016-Skoda-Kodiaq-AC-Outlet-Frame-Floor-Net-Molding/162645233255?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Will go to first to PM.

Cheers,

Gary

19 minutes ago, Skodiaq_NZ said:

Hi to all NZ Kodiaq Owners. I have a spare pair of under car seat vent covers specifically for the Kodiaq (ordered two sets, but each one actually comes with a pair - so dont need the other set). Makes the vent look alot tidier.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Seat-Air-Vent-Cover-For-2016-Skoda-Kodiaq-AC-Outlet-Frame-Floor-Net-Molding/162645233255?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Will go to first to PM.

Cheers,

Gary

Hi Gary.

Where to pick up?

Thanks

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

zCguP5a.jpg

Mines at the dealership :)

Has been PDI'd yesterday however the shipping plastics are staying on as the car is being taken down to Autotintz in Mt. Wellington for paint protection film. 

Edited by ZacDaMan72

3 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

zCguP5a.jpg

Mines at the dealership :)

Has been PDI'd yesterday however the shipping plastics are staying on as the car is being taken down to Autotintz in Mt. Wellington for paint protection film. 

looks nice. i can see lots of options are added.

not sure if this one still comes with wireless mobile phone charger under the central dash. I was told new ones will not come with it due to lawsuit with Samsung patent.

IMG_6680.PNG.3924273320c2a94c6455c62ea62dd62a.PNG

If it looks like this you shouldn't have wireless charging as there should be a Qi logo or a phone icon there. Cars with Qi should also have some sorta cradle like so: 

1f8086528a3ee76e088ba5701fa4f2de.jpg

Edited by ZacDaMan72

what was frustrating was that they only gave on USB port :( the european one has one USB slot for the rear passengers to charge their devices. oh well got myself a 12v charger.  My mate has a CX9 with 4-5 USB slots !