20v Turbo Estelle

Guest sters2000

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sters2000
On 9 July 2017 at 21:11, RichardatWakefield said:

ER, nothing there, Sters.............

Richard.

I tried to enter a link to my project build in RWD classics but it hasn't worked ??

Guest sters2000
On 9 July 2017 at 21:11, RichardatWakefield said:

ER, nothing there, Sters.............

Richard.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sters2000
1 hour ago, retro said:

Absolutely stunning, please tell me this will be at retro rides next weekend.

So sorry mate it isn't ready yet, I'm hoping to have it sprayed over nxt few weeks, I will be showing it when it's finished, thanks for your positive comment

image.jpg

Just as a matter of keeping things legit (and trying to help you avoid a costly problem) you will need to use the reg number off the donor vehicle, as that is what is attached to the chassis, otherwise it will have to be inspected by the DVSA and issued a Q plate. If you try and retain the original reg number, you could fall foul of the law and have the car confiscated and crushed if you are ever pulled up by an over zealous traffic officer (or at a Ministry checkpoint)

Guest sters2000
On 8/16/2017 at 13:14, Lofty said:

Looks ace!! Be good to see this close up

i will be at some shows nxt year so keep a look out for it !

Guest sters2000
On 8/16/2017 at 13:21, octyal said:

Just as a matter of keeping things legit (and trying to help you avoid a costly problem) you will need to use the reg number off the donor vehicle, as that is what is attached to the chassis, otherwise it will have to be inspected by the DVSA and issued a Q plate. If you try and retain the original reg number, you could fall foul of the law and have the car confiscated and crushed if you are ever pulled up by an over zealous traffic officer (or at a Ministry checkpoint)

yes i am fully aware of the legal stuff and it is still a bridge i have to cross when i come to it, dont know how true it is but i have been told from quite a few sources the the Q plate no longer exists ???. Their must be a way around it because the amount of old fords out there grafted onto sierra cosworth floorpans is unreal and they all have their original registration numbers on them, good point you are making though as this seems to be a big grey area for this sort of modification !

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:40, sters2000 said:

yes i am fully aware of the legal stuff and it is still a bridge i have to cross when i come to it, dont know how true it is but i have been told from quite a few sources the the Q plate no longer exists ???. Their must be a way around it because the amount of old fords out there grafted onto sierra cosworth floorpans is unreal and they all have their original registration numbers on them, good point you are making though as this seems to be a big grey area for this sort of modification !

Q plate is still about https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/q-registration-numbers however, if you retain the original number plate of the chassis you used (so the TT reg), then it is just a rebody, rather than a complete new build, as you have retained the original axles and running gear.