Rolling Road Day, JKM Portsmouth, 28th October 2017

10 minutes ago, Chelseacraig said:

....but wife went into labour on sat morning about 3am

Congratulations Craig!  That's probably a fairly reasonable excuse :biggrin:

Hope Mum, Dad, and the new arrival are doing well.

Gaz

39 minutes ago, Chelseacraig said:

Sooooooooooo sorry I couldn't make it yesterday but wife went into labour on sat morning about 3 am , hope you all had fun .................. I did and I have the marks to prove it lol

After one of your previous comments, I thought you got lucky on the ferry! 

Congratulations to you and your family.

2 hours ago, Chelseacraig said:

Thanks v6tdi 

yep all fine . 6 pounds 4 , beautiful baby girl . Want to call here skoda , but wife said noooooooooo lol , so Chelsea it is 

congrats!

On 10/29/2017 at 01:30, Lkim13 said:

Agreed had a great day and well happy with mine. More than what i was hoping for. Just got to beat that next year now :biggrin:

I'm not normally a fan of the pre FL mk2's but the headlights you had fitted made it look quite nice!

On 30/10/2017 at 08:21, bspman said:

I'm not normally a fan of the pre FL mk2's but the headlights you had fitted made it look quite nice!

Thanks. I wanted those ones for ages lol

4 minutes ago, AndrewE said:

No. My changes were done by Barrie (Jonnyfive) on the Sunday.

Ah yes, I recall you were having yours done. I think I should bring a roll of stickers and a pen for names next time :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am sure you all know but for those who do not, the run on the Dyno will leave numerous fault codes on the system so worth getting them erased.

John

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, jjc said:

Hi all,

I am sure you all know but for those who do not, the run on the Dyno will leave numerous fault codes on the system so worth getting them erased.

John

Yes mine had a few, My dashboard was lit up like a Christmas tree straight afterwards. Starting the engine a few times cleared them from the dashboard. When I had a few vcds tweeks done the day afterwards it did show up a few errors, which were cleared then re-scanned, and all had gone.

53 minutes ago, jjc said:

Hi all,

John

For the uneducated... why is that? 

2 minutes ago, jars said:

For the uneducated... why is that? 

On a dyno run the car is pushed to its limits, mine said it had 2 flat tyres, abs faults and can't remember what the other faults were. If you went to a garage and they did a check they could charge you a small fortune saying all sorts was wrong with your car.

After my faults were cleared, a re scan was performed and all showed ok.

16 minutes ago, AndrewE said:

On a dyno run the car is pushed to its limits, mine said it had 2 flat tyres, abs faults and can't remember what the other faults were. If you went to a garage and they did a check they could charge you a small fortune saying all sorts was wrong with your car.

After my faults were cleared, a re scan was performed and all showed ok.

No dry humping me, I have VCDS :D

Furry muff and thanks for replying. :biggrin:

Edited by jars
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Xavier said:

Any indication when the next one will be? I'd make an effort to turn up this time, especially since there's now a charger just around the corner :)

Probably same time next year :) 27th October just from a quick look on the calendar. I'll get it all out together in June/July 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 28/10/2017 at 18:14, V6TDI said:

Forgetting the numbers in red at the top right for a moment, it's interesting to see the difference between your graph and mine:

IMG_0303.jpg

Both nudging 300ftlbs around 2300rpm, and both clearly flattening off in HP around 4600rpm.

I think I need a map! :nod:

Gaz

Hi Gaz, have you had yours mapped yet? I have just bought a second hand Dtuk tuning box and pedal box plus. Hopefully I will get them fitted over Easter.

15 hours ago, AndrewE said:

Hi Gaz, have you had yours mapped yet? I have just bought a second hand Dtuk tuning box and pedal box plus. Hopefully I will get them fitted over Easter.

Not yet Andrew, no.  I bought a DTUK box too, but didn't get around to fitting it, so passed it on.  Third service is due in May and the warranty goes puff in August, so if I'm going to do it, it makes sense to leave it a bit longer.  

Have fun with the tuning box B)

Gaz